Chapter 21: My dad

CHAPTER 21: My dad
𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

LEONIE WALDORF

My series of finding an agent so far has been a disaster

That Thursday I drove to Five different locations where my future agent would make my dreams come true. Each conversation I had with a different agent I knew Lara was right. It's almost impossible for me to land an agent.

I realized I didn't have much to offer. Sure, making it to the second round of the competition was great, and landing a fashion internship was impressive. It still wasn't enough.

The people they represent have so much more experience and huge platforms than me. Dating a star hockey player did get me a buzz but it only lasted so long. People are interested in people like Ian's life, not mine.

I mean I can't blame them. I don't post on my Instagram like ever. Too scared I'm letting see into my life just to hurt and judge me.

I've done that way too many times before and nor do I intend to do it again.

My fashion wasn't what got me so much in the media which bothers me.

Ian and I relationship got everyone's attention on me. This is great and all but I don't want this to be because of him. It should be because of me. My designs, my determination, my long hours of sewing until my fingers bleed. Not Ian.

That's why I'm doing this on my own.

Finding an agent would've been a breeze with Ian's connections. But I don't need Ian. I can and will do this on my own. I'm confident in myself.

I stroll into V.C style ready to meet my next potential agent. I quickly speak to the receptionist who informs me he's ready for me on the sixth floor.

The Elevator ride is filled with the sound of my heart pounding fast. When the doors open I take a deep breath easing my nerves.

With A soft knock on the door I'm welcomed in. "Ms.Waldorf it's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine Mr.cooper." We greet each other with a handshake before settling in our seats. "Thank you for meeting me on such short notice."

"You were pretty persistent about getting a meeting. I look for that in a future client ." Miles Cooper smiles. "Now I'm very short on time so I took the liberty to look you over."

I straighten in my seat as Mr.cooper pulls about a piece of paper I assume has all my information on.

"I've looked at your designs and I'm quite impressed. You also made it to the second round of the competition." Cooper continues to look over the paper. "You do have buzz in the media but not so much because of your work. I want to fix that."