Chapter 24: Together

CHAPTER 24: Together
𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

Ian James

The weather must've Sensed my disappointment as the clouds covered the sunny ray making a Grey fog fall upon me as I stormed out of Leonie's apartment building

See? This is why I avoid relationship drama at all costs. I should be over the moon because my team continued their winning streak tonight. Instead, I'm bothered, pissed off, and frustrated. Leonie is delusional. We belong together. She's not another Sofia or chick named I erased from my mind when she looked at me with those dull eyes.

Thank fuck I got out of there with at least half of my dignity. I had gotten down on my knees like a fucking idiot making a complete fool of myself. Begging this girl to be mine. I can feel the words "Pussy whipped" imprinted on my back right now.

I said things she should've been saying. Fuck if she considered a date with whoever that guy is, I didn't care. that mistakes would be ancient history when I made her mine officially.

I'm halfway to my Mercedes when I hear Leonie call my name.

My chest immediately clenched. I turn my head to see Leonie blasting from the apartment building's doors to my car.

I want to smile so I keep my lines in a straight line so she won't see it.

She's still in her pink silk dress pjs set and elephant slippers as she hurries down her apartment set.

I want to act like I'm tempted to keep walking but I know the second I saw her I would come running back.

The sight of her bare arms and legs pisses me off more than her as raindrops begin to fall. "Lov- I mean Leonie you have to go inside," I mutter when we come face to face. "I don't want you to get wet."

"I don't care." She shoots back. "My hair is tied up anyway so it won't get fuzzy."

She stands in Front of me refusing to wrap her arms around herself creating some warmth as she shivers from the cold drops.

Without a hint of hesitation, I draped my coat over her.

"Thanks." She glances around before speaking "I don't want to end the conversation can we-"

"There's nothing to discuss."

"That's bullshit Ian and we both know it." She says angrily.

"Quite the opposite, love," I responded flatly. "You said what you wanted to say and believed what you wanted to believe."

"The photos caught me off guard Ian, I shouldn't believe that you're better than that and I'm a fool."

"You got that right." I say with a smile on my face seeing her fight for me. "Are we done now?"