# prologue

A simple sigh was breathed through your lips. you have been lying down on your bed for hours without feeling a hint of drowsiness. you tried doing various things to help get you to sleep like listening to calm music, watching a couple of sleep tutorials, and eating. and unfortunately for you, not a single thing worked.

you somehow developed insomnia when you were in middle school, you and your friends would always pull all-nighters and see who could stay up the longest, and ever since then, you'd always have trouble sleeping.

you let out another sigh, bored out of your mind, and look over at the digital clock on your nightstand.

2:34 a.m

'damn it, at this rate i'll be too tired to train for the sports festival.' this was bad for you. especially since you had a quirk that you relied on sleep to use it.

[ - solar Energy: [y/n] has the ability to shoot beams of light out of her hands, causing temporary blindness to the enemy, or use her life energy to turn herself into a ball of solar energy that is blazing hot.
- drawbacks: [y/n] relies heavily on sleep to recharge her solar energy. drowsiness can be a big hazard in battles, and her palms start to bleed excessively if overused. ]

earlier today, you and your class did a couple of different exercises with your quirks and you needed to sleep to recharge it.

you grab the phone off your nightstand to see if you could watch something to make you tired. or annoy someone.

you went to instagram, clicked your chats, and clicked on yours and mina's chat room.

ᴛʏᴘɪɴɢ...

monoma.y/n:
MINAAAAAA
mina
bitch
answer
mina pls
😞🙏

ashido.mina:
omg
wtf y/n
why are you texting me at 2 am

monoma.y/n:
i cant sleep again :(
can u help me?
🥺 👉👈

ashido.mina:
fuck no
ily but go away
i need my beauty sleep

monoma.y/n:
PLsS MInAAaa
seen

monoma.y/n:
damn ok then
strkz only the real ones
know dhmu 😔💔
sent 2min ago

you let out a huff tossing your phone to the other end of your bed. you stared up looking at the glow-in-the-dark stars stuck to your ceiling. you suddenly feel your eyes start to grow heavy and heavier and you eventually fall into a deep sleep.