nine

monday,
   6:17 p.m

  It was 6:17 pm, i walked through the halls of the 1-a dormitory building. since shinso had joined our class, he had to switch dorm buildings, which means a lot of unpacking. and who else is better for the job of helping their friend? no one except me, monoma [y/n]!

i knocked on shinso's now new, dorm room.

"ugh, who is it?" he called, sounding busy and a bit concentrated. "your favorite insomniac!" i stood proud, outside the door, "come in."

i skipped into the room, "hey hey hey! whatcha doin'?" i sat criss-cross applesauce on his floor with him, watching him trying to put something together.

"trying to build this desk. why are fucking ikea manuals so hard to understand!" he groaned falling back onto the floor.

"i know right?! took me ages to put my bed frame together." i started grabbing pieces to the desk, "since i'm basically a pro now, i'll help you with this!"

he sat back up, a sigh coming out of his mouth. "thanks, [y/n] but you really don't have to," he attempted to grab the pieces from my hands.

"hitoshi, just please let me help. it'll take you all night to put this together by yourself." he chuckled, "i stay up all night anyway, not like it'll make a difference." i watched him get up, and start unpacking the rest of his things while i continue to put his desk together.

━︎━︎━︎ TIMESKIP

9:32 p.m

"finally!" i panted hard, finishing shinso's desk.

i leaned back, my arms and hands supporting my weight. shinso sat down across from me.

"wow, great job. you really are a pro." he clapped, congratulating me. "i told you i could do it!" i put my hands on my hips proudly.

i look back to shinso and find him staring at me in awe, i couldn't help but to stare back.

'the same thing happened the other day..'

i caught him staring at my lips, i started leaning in slowly, taking the hint. doing the same, he started leaning in. our lips finally made contact, moving perfectly in sync. it had felt like the world stopped.

the kiss had began to become more passionate. i felt him hesitantly place both of his hands on either sides of my waist, i placed my arms around his neck, pulling each other closer.

i knew it was wrong, i was dating sero after all, but god it felt so right.

though i did not want it to end, we had to pull away for air. we both pulled away panting, looking anywhere else but each other.

"u—uhm, i think i should get going, its getting late." i got up and walked towards the door. "oh yeah, goodnight." i could hear him slightly mumble.

"goodnight, hitoshi." was the last thing i said before leaving his room.

'shit, i can't believe we kissed! i cheated on sero.. you're such a terrible girlfriend [y/n]...' i internally cursed myself as i walked through the halls.

"kiri, i need to admit something.." i heard a voice coming from kirishima's dorm. 'sero?' i stepped closer to the door, pressing my ear up against it.

"sure bro, what's up?" kirishima said in his normal tone. "i don't actually have feelings for [y/n], i only agreed to date her because i felt sorry.." those words hit me like a bullet, pain raising in my chest.

"what? you need to end it with her man, she deserves to know!" kiri started to slightly raise his voice. "i know, i know. i just...didn't want to hurt her." his voice was filled with sorrow. "you'll hurt her more by not being honest." i couldn't listen anymore. i wanted to go to my room, curl up into a ball and just sob.

'so my relationship was just a lie?' i buried myself in the stuffed animals and blankets that were on my bed.

i lied in my bed and cried myself to sleep that night.