TWENTY-SIX

Thanks to Cameron, the 3 girls arrived at Nicole's party. Emmett decided to sit this one out because he claimed he had to get up early the next morning for some Zoom meeting he had for his church.

The girl didn't really mind it. She wasn't kidding when she said she found that they had nothing in common. The more she distances herself to him, the more she can let him down gently. And besides, she wanted to catch another boy's attention.

"Belly you came!" Nicole says giving the girl a hug.

Throughout the debutante process, Nicole and Briella did not see eye to eye. Maybe they could have if a certain boy wasn't involved. Belly and Nicole on the other hand, got along great.

"Hey Nicole. You look so pretty." Belly said as she hugged the girl.

"Oh me? Look at you. Oh my goodness. Are those real flowers?"

"Yes."

"Incredible. Well we have to show Gigi."

"Yeah yeah. Totally. You want to come?" Belly asked both her friends.

Being near Nicole more made the girl upset. Upset that her friend didn't hate her as much as she did. Isn't that what best friends do? Hate their friend's sworn enemy?

"You have fun over there." Taylor said. "I'm gonna find a drink." With that Taylor pulled the girl away. "God I can't stand them."

"You and me both babe." Briella said as she drank the punch Taylor poured her. "They're just so fake. Like isn't it girl code to hate the girl your best friend hates?"

Taylor shrugged. "Yeah. Clearly Belly doesn't understand that."

Briella noticed the sour mood her friend was in. She's been like that ever since she arrived. "You ok Tay?"

Taylor nodded. "Yeah perfect."

"Tay..."

"C'mon let's dance." the girl pulled the girl to the dance floor. Briella needed to make a mental note to ask her what's bothering her. But she can easily guess what was bothering her.

For once in the girl's life, she wanted to leave this party because shit was gonna go down.