SEVENTY-FOUR

The car ride was awkward. The girl had no choice but to ride with Belly. But she knew this needed to be done. They needed to talk.

"Hey Belly..."

"I'm sorry Brie."

Both the girls chuckled. "You first."

"I'm so sorry Brie. I know I've been saying that so much but I... I never meant to hurt you like that. You're my best friend and you've proved so many times and I can't believe I would do something like that to you. So if you don't want to be my friend anymore, I completely understand."

Briella listened as the girl ranted. She knew she was sorry. "Bells."

"I don't like Conrad. I never did. I just liked the attention he gave me. But he truly doesn't like me. He likes you. Maybe even loves you."

Briella sighed. "Belly... I'm not gonna lie, what you did hurt. A lot. And I never expected someone like you to do that to me. We're best friends. We're supposed to have each other's backs."

"I know. It was wrong of me to do. I was just jealous that you didn't have to do anything to get Conrad to like you. I've always been jealous of you."

"Bells..."

Belly shook her head. "I know. I know. No excuses will make up how much of a shitty friend I was."

"Why'd you do Bells?"

"I might have had a small crush on you freshman year." Belly admitted.

"What?"

"It was small. I was just confused on who I liked. You were just so cool and confident that it was so sexy to witness. Then you started dating Grant and I don't know. It's stupid."

Briella shook her head. "No it's not Bells. You're allowed to like whoever you want, regardless of the sex. But why didn't you just tell me?"

"I couldn't. I was embarrassed."

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about."

Belly nodded. "I know that now."

"And Grant?"

Belly scoffed. "I caught him with the backup setter that one time after practice. And I wanted to tell you but he threatened me not too. If I did, he would tell everyone about my crush on you. I only told you that I told him lies about you cheating on him because I couldn't tell you the truth."

Briella sighed. She never knew this happened. "Belly you should have told me."

"I know. I'm sorry." Belly said. "Not just about Grant too. But with Conrad. I shouldn't have done everything I did. I shouldn't have tried to kiss him. I shouldn't have asked him to be my volleyball partner. I promise you I will never get in between you and Conrad ever again. Because now I know that you and Conrad are endgame and I will do everything I can to get you guys back together."

Briella half-smiled. "Thanks Belly Bells."

"Do you think we can ever be friends again?"

Briella nodded. "Yeah I think we can. Now let's get this debutante over with."