TWENTY-NINE

It was 2:30 in the morning. Briella has been staring at the ceiling for hours now because she couldn't sleep.

When Taylor and her got home from the diner, Belly was already asleep. Which was good thing as Taylor was still upset with the girl.

All the girl could think about right now is Conrad. Conrad fucking Fisher. He clouded her brain too much. She thought about him too much.

They've barely had a decent conversation ever since she arrived and all of a suddenly she's fallen for him? She wondered if he was in his room. Did he come home? Or did he sleep with Nicole and is at her house right now?

The girl wanted to know. So she quietly opened the door and closed it as quietly as possible. She walked down the hallway and down the stairs. She passed the kitchen and walked up the stairs again in the direction of his room. She was debating whether to knock first but decided not too. She didn't want to wake anyone up.

The girl pecked her head in and saw the boy laying flat on his back playing on his phone. So he did come home.

"Now I know how you feel when I stare at you." Conrad joked as he put his phone down and looked at the girl.

Briella smiled when she heard him confess that he's been staring at her. "Creepy right?"

Conrad chuckled. "Can't sleep?"

"No."

Conrad sighed. He knew he shouldn't do what he's about to do but he did it anyways. "Come here." He lifted his blanket to invite the girl in.

Briella didn't have to think twice before her legs were traveling to his bed. She laid down on it as he put the covers over her. She loved his smell.

"Better?" Briella nodded. "Good." Conrad put his arm around the girl, pulling her closer to his bare shirtless chest.

There was silence between the two. Briella liked the feeling of being in his arms. It made her feel safe and secure. And she couldn't ignore how perfectly she felt like to him.

"Are we gonna talk about what happened at the party?" Briella finally asked. She wanted to know if he regret it or not.

Conrad sighed. "We almost fucked."

"Yeah. Do you regret it?"

Did he regret it? "No. Brie you're special to me. You have to understand that."

"But?" She knew a but was coming.

Conrad sighed again. "You deserve better."

"You don't think you deserve me?" Briella looked at the boy who had his eyes closed.

"I know I don't."

"Con can you look at me please?" The girl said as the boy opened his eyes. "Its not your decision to make whether you are good enough for me or not. It's mine. And I say you're good enough. You gotta stop being so hard on yourself. You're perfect just the way you are." She cupped his cheek.

Conrad leaned into her touch. "You mean it?"

"I do."

"Can I kiss you?" Conrad asked. A guy who asks before he does is is such a turn on. Consent people consent.

"Yes."

And let's just say the two of them did more than just kissing that night.