SIXTY-THREE

Briella hasn't talked to anyone for days. Granted she was on a day trip back home. Emmett was kind enough to join her. And because he was the only one who didn't annoy her right now.

Emmett knew better than to ask the girl how she was. He wasn't an idiot. He could tell something was bothering her. And it didn't take a genius to know it was about her boyfriend. Or ex-boyfriend now. 

Their first stop was the cemetery. In times like these, the girl wished her mom was here. Yeah she was glad her and her dad patched things up, but the man just didn't understand. Briella and Belly couldn't just sit down and talk things out. This was serious. She was the reason why she and Conrad broke up. She doesn't get to be left off the hook for it.

"I'll stay here." Emmett said. "Take all the time you need."

Briella nodded and squeezed the boy's hand before opening the door and walking towards her mom. She had her favorite flowers in hand. White lilies.

Claire Anna Swift.

1978-2021.

Beloved sister, mother, wife.

Briella sniffed as she placed the flowers down near the tombstone and sat down on the grass, criss cross apple sauce. It's been awhile since the girl was here. The last time she visited was last year. She was high and just walked wherever her legs took her. Her mom would have been so disappointed with her if she saw her throw her life away for weed. That's why she was trying to get better. At least that's what she kept trying to convince herself. 

"Hi mom. Sorry about last time. I didn't mean to come here all high. You're probably wondering how I started. Well we can blame dear old dad for that. I just got so lonely without him. I mean weed was always there for me. I don't smoke as often anymore because..." Briella stopped. She knew the reason why she stopped, but she didn't want to say it. She was supposed to be here to forget about him. "Dad and I made up. Turns out his girlfriend was a psycho." The girl chuckled, remembering what happened. "Sometimes I wonder if I forgave him too quickly. He stopped talking to me for a year. He was barely home. And he left me for someone else. But why is it so easy for me to look past that and move on?"

Talking about it out loud, Briella was surprised she even forgave her dad. He left her for his 25 year old girlfriend for crying out loud. But before her mom passed, they were inseparable. He took weeks off from work just to be there for the girl when she broke her arm.

"Remember when you told me you thought Conrad and I would get married. Well we dated for a month. The best month of my life. But shit happened and Belly was the worst friend ever and came between us. They almost kissed, he asked her to the deb ball, and worst of all, I lost two of favorite people in the world. I don't even know how my life turned this way." Briella cried. "I really wish you were here mom. You would know what to do."

The girl stayed there, talking about a bunch of shit to her mom before she got hungry. She said one last goodbye before going back to the car where the boy was patiently waiting for her.

✄-----------------------------

I'M BACK BITCHES!!! MISS ME??