24. The Destroyer IS the Destroyer

"Hello " - Talking
' ' - Thoughts
FIRE STYLE! - Megumin chant, Skill/Jutsu Activation / Speaker Announcement
Hello - Deep Voice / Menacing
* * - actions

HEY GUYS - Authors Note / 4th wall breaks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning came, and the sun shine it's rays to my eyes, not waking me up by the sun but by the sound the city's announcement.

P.A: DESTROYER ALERT! DESTROYER ALERT!  ALL CITIZENS, EVACUATE AT ONCE!  ALL ADVENTURERS, EQUIP YOURSELVES AND REPORT BACK TO THE ADVENTURER'S GUILD!

I jumped from my bed grabbing my Kusanagi and my cloak, running outside of our mansion when I saw Aqua dragging with her cart.

Y/N: Aqua! What's happening?

Megumin: The mobile fortress, Destroyer. Fighting that thing is reckless.

Aqua: *nods in agreement*

Kazuma: *annoyed* But what's a Destroyer?!

Darkness: An ancient weapon that went on a rampage. They say wherever it passes through, not even grass remains.

Y/N: Hn, that means we might have a chance to defeat it.

Aqua: Didn't you heard what Darkness said? It's an ancient weapon!

Y/N: But I'm here so you guys don't have to worry. Let's just go to the guild to see what's this destroyer really is. Besides, I don't want our hard earned house to be destroyed in the process.

Kazuma: I guess you're right. Let's go everyone!

---

GUILD

All of the guild's adventurers were inside the guild, including us. Tensions and nervousness were high until Luna gave her speech.

Luna: All of you are this city's last bastion of hope. We humbly request your assistance.

Then she shows the blue orb that containing the footage of the Destroyer stomping it's way at it's track straight to Axel.

Female Guild Aide: At present, the mobile fortress Destroyer, is on a direct path of our way invading from the northwest. One hour remains until it's arrival.

Y/N: So that means we still had an hour to immobilize it before it reaches Axel.

Luna: What were you thinking Y/N-san?

Y/N: I'm thinking of a plan to stop it's tracks halfway before it reaches the city gates, I think I can do that. Then we can smash the destroyer in pieces, until it's gone.

The adventurers gasps at my plan and they all nods and approved that I'll be the leader of the defense.

---

- ADVENTURER'S GUILD-

55 MINUTES BEFORE THE DESTROYER ARRIVE

Y/N: *turns head at Aqua* Aqua, you think you can destroy the barrier of the Destroyer?

Aqua: *hand on her chin* I won't know unless I try.

Y/N: Then be positive lady Goddess.

Luna: *wide eyes* Y-you can break the Destroyer's barrier? Even so, couldn't you at least try it?