Rainy 4th Of July

Dover, Delaware

Ruby watched the rain come down from her bedroom window. Today was Independence Day, and the fireworks got canceled, due to the inclement weather. The fireworks display was moved to Saturday night for Dover, and other areas in Kent County.

The rain was coming down in buckets, as Ruby watched all glum. She hated rainy days. She couldn't go outside and ride her bike.

"Stupid rain had to ruin everything!" she pouted. "I wish it didn't have to rain! I wanted to see the fireworks tonight!"

"Sweetie, I got you Dairy Queen," said her mother, softly. "That should cheer you up."

"Thanks, Mom!" exclaimed Ruby, hugging her mother. She got two Flamethrower burgers, and a large Hi C. She ate her food, drank her punch, and then watched a movie with her mother.

The rain may have ruined her 4th of July plans, but she was having fun laughing at a funny film about a girl that kept getting pies shoved in her face.

A beautiful mother daughter moment as she sat on her mother's lap.

This story was written on Friday, July 1st, 2022. (Canada Day Canada)

A/N I don't blame Ruby for being upset about the rain cancelling the fireworks! A rainy 4th of July throughout Delaware! But at least she is having a good time watching a funny movie with her mother! 💙 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.