Part 5: Impulsive thoughts

Not so Prince Charming: Guyssssss I think I've made a mistake

Jonesy: Jesus Christ what now Nicholas?!

Barista Goddess: This is about that boy again isn't it xD

Not so Prince Charming: Darcy! Don't call me out like that! But yeah it is.

Barista Goddess: What have you done...

Jonesy: Wow Nick, just wow xD

Not so Prince Charming: Well we met in the library again, both agreed that the quality of books available was terrible so now I'm taking him to the private library at Windsor.

Jonesy: Fuck sake Nick, are you even allowed to do that? I thought only the Monarch was allowed in there?

Not so Prince Charming: That's true, but when you're the Prince of Wales people find it difficult to refuse things you ask for, except Charlie apparently.. He's hilariously rude to me, and ngl I'm kinda living for it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie: Guyssss

Tao: Oh god what now?

Charlie: um I think the Prince kinda kidnapped me I guess?

Elle: Say whaa?

Charlie: Well we were talking about the library then we laughed then we got in his really comfy car, then I noticed his hair, then I was laughing, then HE went red as a tomato, then I laughed more, then Luke laughed and I think we're going to London?

Tao: Imma need a better break-down than that Charlie....

Elle: Yeah....

Charlie: Right he asked me to meet him in the library, then his security scared me (his guard's name is Luke, he's very intimidating but it's just an act Luke's a sweetheart really) and then we joked about how despite Oxford being super exclusive their library was actually of terrible quality. Now we're going to London seemingly?!

Tao: Have you asked where you're going?

Charlie: Well no

Elle: Try asking?

Charlie: Oh, okay.

(Charlie's POV)

I nervously look across to Nick who I'm now only realising is bigger than me in both length and sheer bulkiness "Nick?" I ask in a shaky voice, he looks across "What's up?" he asks, "Sorry, I was wondering, where are we going?" he smiles again, he has this amazing ability to do a smile without opening his mouth or only opening his mouth a tiny bit and it's the most beautiful smile I've ever seen and naturally I blush and immediately turn away, I think I got away with that because Nick just slaps my leg and says "Come on Charlie where's your sense of adventure and curiosity!?" The slap was certainly unexpected but maybe that's just how he was? It had to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour later

Embarrassingly I somehow managed fall asleep in the car ride I wake up when Nick leans over says "Charlie, wake up we're here" and I jerk awake when I see the all too familiar long road up to Windsor Castle, the last time I'd seen it was when Nick's older sister Princess Charlotte got married last year. I laugh at the total insanity of the situation I find myself in and Nick shoots me a side look "What?" and strangely he starts to go red again as we approach the gates and our windows come down, Nick's face goes hard as he salutes the guards and we drive through the gate. A look of shame falls on Nick's face and he starts jigging his leg, a sign of anxiety that I myself sometimes do seeing this I reach across to his hand but divert it to his shoulder "Hey, you okay?"

(Nick's POV)

I hate having to salute the guards, they're real soldiers, real men, my dad wanted me to be like them I knew, I spent 12 months in the forces before coming to uni, 4 months in the army, 4 months in the RAF and 4 months in the Navy, don't get me wrong I enjoyed it, even made friends, but when I got back the palace forced mum to promote me to honorary Air Marshal, Admiral of the Fleet, and Field Marshal, 12 months combined experience and I was one of the most senior military men in the country, it was wrong, I knew it was wrong, mum knew it was wrong but all my friends knew it too, I haven't spoken to them since, even the palace guards don't look me in the eye, it makes me so anxious, remembering the amount of responsibility I truly hold.

I didn't realise my knee was bobbing up and down until I felt Charlie's hand on my shoulder with his soft voice asking "Hey, you okay?" I fake a smile and as the car comes to a halt I quickly say "Yeah fine, wait here a minute" and rush from the car to the first available chair I see, Luke following quickly behind closing the door, he takes a knee in front of me and grabs my hands "Deep breath in" and I do "And out" and shakily I do "What's wrong with me Luke?" I say, feeling like a total abject failure "I can't do anything right" Luke ignores the comment "Oi, you're not a failure, you're the prince this country deserves, a bloody decent man, now take your time and we'll get Charlie in the library whilst you get ready" I look at him "Thanks Luke" he smiles "One more thing, the Queen is in residence today" my heart sank, "What about my father?" Luke suppresses a laugh "The Duke is on an engagement in Scotland today" the relief was clearly evident, Luke sighed and very deliberately said "I've been protecting you for three years Sir, I want you to know, I would never let ANYONE hurt you, do you understand?" I smile and nod "Go Luke, get Charlie to the library" and he left.