Part 13: Confrontation

(Nick's POV)

We were sat in the library, both supposed to be doing wider reading on our subjects, and to be fair Charlie looked engrossed in his three textbooks. My phone rang 'The Queen'  I'd known this was coming in my family my mother had two phones, her phone, and the phone, regrettably, this call was coming from the phone which means my mom wasn't on the other end, instead it would be the Queen, no point putting it off I guess:

Nick: Good afternoon your Majesty.

The Queen: Good afternoon Nicholas, I'm calling to inform you that you and Charlie Spring are being summoned to an audience at Buckingham Palace tomorrow.

Nick: Of course your Majesty, we shall be there.

The Queen: Very good, enjoy the rest of your day.

And that was it, the Queen was gone and almost immediately my phone rang again 'Mum' was calling and I walked to the corner, Charlie clearly saw this was private and left, with the pretence of "getting more books" god he was so considerate.

Nick: What the hell!

Mum: I'm sorry Nick

Nick: You didn't even ask for my version of events, he hit the heir to the throne in front of Charlie!

Mum: He what! Oh that miscreant! He said your friend attacked him.

Nick: For fuck sake mum, he threatened Luke with being fired, punched me in the gut, grabbed me when I was having a panic attack and almost hit Charlie, he's out of control!

Mum: I can't believe he hit you.

Nick: He's hit me the past five times he's seen me, that doesn't matter though, he almost hit Charlie, an I will not tolerate that.

Mum: No quite right, alright, well your audience is on the books so you and Charlie will have to come down, but don't worry, I'll deal with your father.

Nick: I won't let him hurt Charlie mum..

Mum: Goodness, you really like this boy don't you?

Nick: I do mum, he's so... Just everything mum. I'll not let dad ruin that.

Mum: Alright love, I'll see you tomorrow.

I hung up, and I knew that regardless of what she or my dad said I wasn't going to let the crown get in the middle of whatever was happening with me and Charlie. He reappeared.

--------------------------------------------

(Charlie POV)

I returned to the section of the library which seemingly had been reserved for me and Nick, I don't think Nick had arranged that, it's probably just a thing people do for Royals, "Hey, I brought coffee" I said handing the cup to him, he was turned away from me and looked unhappy "What's up Hun?" He turned and smiled at me "Hun? Whatever happened to your Majesty?" He laughed, I just rolled my eyes "Eh, ain't nothing majestic about you Nick, well, maybe a few things" I said winking at him, he grinned "Oh we have to go to London tomorrow by the way, we've been summoned by the Queen" I felt my veins fill with ice "Hang on, your mother asked to see us and you agreed? Without even asking me?" Nick looked confused "No... The Queen summoned us, there's a big difference between the two, look I'm sorry but I had no choice" I shot him an annoyed look and laughed "Well I've got an assessment tomorrow so enjoy London"

-----------------------------------------------

(Nick's POV)

Was he really being like this... I'm nervous as hell and I want his support I sit across from him at the table, he's looking intently at the book trying desperately to keep his cool, "Char.. I'm sorry, I should have asked you, I'm just not used to having someone in my life that's more important than the crown" Charlie closed his book and took my hand, oh it was so soft, he was completely perfect "Nick, I think we're moving too fast I don't think I'm good for you, I- I'll go get my things from the room.." he stood up and walked away before I could speak "Charlie!" I shouted all too late. What was he thinking, what had I done. SHIT, I had to fix this.