Part 15: The Audience

(Nick's POV)

I was going to be very late to the palace, but honestly for the first time ever I didn't care, what mattered was that Charlie wanted to be there for me, "What's a hobby of yours?" I asked him, he turned to me "Hobby? Nick, we're on our way to see your parents, the most powerful people in the country and you want me to talk about how I like to smash drums sometimes?" I took a moment to consider this then nodded enthusiastically "Exactly" this made him smile and he took my hand, kissing it. "Bit gay" I said and he let my hand go and crossed his arms in mock-anger "Says the Prince with a boyfriend" oh wow, I hadn't thought about it like that. Charlie's my boyfriend? Charlie's my boyfriend! Why does that not make me happy? Why am I scared? WHY AM I FREAKING OUT?! I quickly throw my phone at Charlie who is just staring at me "Call Tara, Luke stop the damn car" Luke stopped the damn car and I quickly got out and fell onto the floor. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Charlie's POV) 

Nick is clearly more complex than he lets on, I pointed out that I was his boyfriend and this revelation apparently caused him to pass out, Luke luckily caught Nick as his head was about to hit the floor and put him back in the car, one of the other guards did a medical and they said it was 'heat exhaustion' which was bullshit, I'd told him we were boyfriends, he'd freaked out and fainted. I held him in my arms as the convoy started down the road again, he was sleeping now I think, he kept saying "Luc" and fidgeting, I just sat there and held him tightly, as we were driving up the mall towards Buckingham Palace I leaned over and whispered "Nick, we're here" and he immediately said "Okay, can I- like.. just stay here for a second? I don't think I can handle it right now" I tried to hide my shock, but I realised now that when the fidgeting had stopped he must have woken up and just liked being in my lap, the embarrassing part was I'd kissed his hair every now and again "Here we are" Luke said, and in the space of three seconds Nick was sit upright in his seat and saluted the guards. We got out the car and were greeted by a soldier "Your Royal Highness, Her Majesty and the Council await you in the Throne Room" and Nick froze "The Privy council?" he asked, the soldier gave him sympathetic look, "Yes, your Royal Highness, I think today's number is two hundred" and the soldier turned to lead us away but Nick was still just stood there. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Nick's POV)

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK, this was dad's doing, he knew that I'd bring Charlie and he knew I HATED standing in front of the council, they're so judgemental, and non-council members can't enter the chamber... Wait... HA! Oh mum was going to kill me for this, I look at Charlie "Do you trust me?" he looks back at me terrified but cracks a smile "Yeahhh" and I return the smile "Just follow my lead, and um, I'm so sorry about this" I'm glad Charlie had decided to wear a suit for this meeting, it wasn't suitable for what I was about to put him through but it was better than ripped jeans. We walked to the entry for the throne room, last chance to back out, in many ways this moment would be a life-changing one, just when I think I'm going to back down I feel Charlie's hand take mine, "Hey, I don't really understand what's happening here but I'm here for YOU. Okay? If I have to get physical with your dad again I will okay? I don't care about any of this royal shit okay?" I laughed "Hey! It's true, you're just Nick to me. The man I'm completely in l-" and the doors suddenly opened "HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS, THE PRINCE OF WALES. CHARLES FRANCIS SPRING" I look at Charlie "Stay a step behind and keep up, this is going to get... complicated" I say winking to him, he just shoots me a confused look.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Charlie's POV)

I did not understand much about the royal family, but from the looks these curiously dressed people were giving me, I could tell I was not supposed to be here, I think Nick was going to pull some trick, and if it meant pissing his dad off I was all for it. Nick stopped walking a pace away from the bottom of the stairs which led to the thrones, I stopped two paces behind him, the Queen was wearing the state crown and a white dress, whilst Nick's dad was wearing a military uniform with more insignia on it than actual uniform space. Nick bowed and I likewise did, "Nicholas, I am glad you were able to travel to todays council meeting" and Nick seized the opening "Thank you in turn Your Majesty for granting my request of granting an investiture under such unique circumstances, may I present Charles Francis Spring, gifted mathematician, here for elevation to membership of the privy council. Nick's dad almost seemingly lost his composure for a second and Nick smiled, the Queen couldn't have been aware of this since Nick himself didn't know this was a council meeting since five minutes ago I could hear the hundreds of people in the wide hall behind us muttering, this clearly wasn't normal. Nick's mum lifted her hand and the hall again fell silent "Yes, Charles step forward. Nicholas, administer the oath" and after swearing swearing undying loyalty to the crown and various other things, I was apparently a member of the Privy Council.. The Right Honourable Charles Francis Spring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Nick's POV)

Honestly I'd have done it just for the look on dad's face, priceless... "Nicky.. What have I told you about abusing your position to annoy your father?" Mum said to me, I noted that Charlie was still standing by the door apparently unsure what to do "What are you doing?" I asked him "Ummm that's the Queen?" he said sheepishly "No it's not? Come here I want you to meet my Mum, Mum? This is Charlie, my boyfriend" Charlie apprehensively walked over and bowed again "What is he doing?" Mum asked "I have no idea, oh! I haven't explained it! Charlie? When other people can see us we're the royals, back here in the apartments, we're the Windsors, its confusing I know but just try to think of Sarah my mom as a different person than 'The Queen' "Oh come here Charlie" Mum said, Charlie dutifully went there still clearly confused. She gave him a big hug "Oh- wow you're a good hugger" he reluctantly said before yielding to the hugging magic. "I want a hug too" I said running over to the two of them "Well, this isn't how I expected today to go" Charlie said, and we all just laughed.