Part 20: Princes

Nick and Charlie's 'Outfits'

Nick: (Special appearance Prince George 😂)

Charlie's outfit: (Special appearance Joe Locke 😏🤷‍♂️😂)

Nick's POV)

"But why like this?" I asked Charlotte, "Nickkkkk, it's kinda late to be moaning about this now don't you think?" She tries to remind me, her mistake is assuming I'm thinking rationally "Martin!" I call the weasel in "Yes Sir?" He says with the falsest sincerity he can manage "Why are we doing things in this manner I'd like to know?" Martin pulls out a sheet of A4 and begins "Well Sir, you're wearing your military uniform because both the Government and Ministry of Defence want to convey that the Military approves of their future Commander-in-Chief being married to a man, your commitment ceremony is being held at Windsor chapel because that's where your sister was married and it's important that we show this union is just as valid as your sister's wedding, although there has been a last minute change of plan" 'last minute' doesn't exist in royal language "What do you mean?" I ask, "Well, read for yourself Sir"

'Mr Chartrys,

I am writing to inform you that the Household divisions and Household cavalry units will be unable to meet their duty to form a guard of honour for His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas. They have refused the order to do so.'

"Oh dear god, I knew they didn't like me but this?!" Martin smiles "Oh come on Martin this is my wedding that's low even for you" he laughs and I swear I'm a second away from wiping the smug smile off his face "Sir you may wish to read the paragraph on the other side of the page"

'I received the following response from the senior NCO when the order was rejected "General Thompson, we (the Household divisions and Household cavalry) respectfully reject the order to form a guard of honour for His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, since the announcement of the Prince's engagement the Household divisions and Household cavalry has had over 100 of their members come out, and open up to their colleagues about their sexuality inspired by the courage of the Prince. The decision has been taken that these brave men and women from all divisions should form the guard of honour for His Royal Highness, this event is a celebration of LGBT+ culture and while all members of the Household divisions wish His Royal Highness every happiness, only those who have come out will be able to understand his and Mr Spring's emotion. Us other members of the Guard look forward to our duties of lining the procession on the day, however this event is one of celebration for the entire military and we hope you and His Royal Highness will be gladdened by the impact His Royal Highness has already had." And in light of such a response I found myself compelled to send such news for you to pass on to the family'

"Oh. My. God." I said, staring at Martin "Yes, I got this letter this morning and immediately went to the barracks myself, I spoke to some these men and women myself, as well as other soldiers, do you know what they told me? 'Oh I know the Prince is busy but if he could visit the barracks one day that would be amazing'" I look at him stunned "They hate me though!" Martin shifts in his stance "That's not all Sir, turns out your fiancée is quite the detective" I shoot him a puzzled look "Yes sir! He took it upon himself to use your service records to find who you'd been serving with, turns out all their correspondences had been forwarded to your father, I believe Mr Spring has sent wedding invitations to all of your colleagues from when you did your year in the forces" my mouth was stuck open at this all, my wedding was in an hour and all of this had just been dropped onto me, I was astonished.

--

(Charlie's POV)

"Tori, we have thirty minutes, I'm going to scream, why did we have to have a big televised wedding. I'm gonna be sick oh god" and I was sick, right into the bin luckily though, I suspected that would happen so I prepared. "JHEEZ Charlie control the nerves! Deep breaths, explain to me why it is I'm giving you away?" I look at her, "You're not giving me away.. you AND OLIVER are just walking with me? Plus you get to go in the royal Bentley so.." she considers "Eh fine".

--

(Sarah's POV)

Charlie is such a lovely boy, I'm so glad he and Nick found one another. I see Nick stood at the alter looking very nervous. I think something is off I see Nick take his phone and suddenly run off the alter, I carefully walk in the direction he went "Nick! What's happening" I ask, Martin is here too I see Nick walks away trying to make a call "It would seem some sort of hysteria has overtaken Mr Spring" "He's having a panic attack?" "Yes ma'am" "Say that next time, your pushing your luck Martin" he cowers away "Nick! What's happening" "Mum, it's Charlie, he- it's the cameras  we didn't want a public spectacle, why did I put him in this position SHIT!" He's about to punch a wall when I grab him into my arms "Go and get Charlie, walk him down the aisle yourself and I promise by the time you get back all the cameras will be gone" he looks at me and smiles "All the cameras you promise?" I laugh "Yes dear, now go!" And he does. "Martin!" "Your majesty we can't throw the cam-" "Not one word, I promised my son, now if you'd still like to be my private secretary by day's end you'll make it happen, GO!" and he does. It's good to be the Queen sometimes.

--

(Charlie's POV)

"Oh" Tori says after opening the door "I told you not to-" then suddenly he's here and I'm in his arms and everything's better "I'm sorry Nick I'm so sorry I've fucked everything up on your big day, I don-" "Char! Stop! I told mum that you don't like the cameras and she got them removed! It's just the people in the chapel! It's just us, and I'm walking you down the aisle.. Char" he offers me his arm and I take it, and this is it, how it's meant to be, us walking together, there's nothing we can't do.

The End.