Chapter 20

I'm scared. I'm nervous. I'm anxious. I'm on the verge of a breakdown. I've never felt so many emotions hit me all at once and so quick at the same time. A million and one difference scanties running through my head and not a single one is helping.

"It's here!" Holly screeched making me jump in surprise and immediately check my laptop. Nothing.

The nine of us are currently sat in our living room with our laptops open in front of us. We all shared the same nervous look but only two of us knew that I had did double the amount of exams that I would have normally done making me feel all the more anxious.

Todays the day we receive our results for the exams we did a couple weeks back. We all expected them to come at the last possible moment so imagine our shock when our professors had all emailed us telling us to keep an eye out for our results. First Harry showed up, then the girls, and then the guys. It was a lot more convenient for us to gather up at one our apartments since we all basically live here.

The nine of us have quite literally been sitting in front of our laptops for the last two hours. Not once have we moved or looked away from our screens. I think Noah mentioned needed a toilet break around an hour ago but he stayed put.

"I passed!" Holly grinned as she threw her arms around me and squeezed me as tight as I possibly could.

"Me too!" Mia and Noah said at the same time before high fiving each other.

"Thank fuck!" Kade and Max said at the same time as they let out a sigh of relief.

"My heart is in my throat right now." Milo mumbled as he continued to refresh his page along with Harry, Mason and I.

"Me and you both." I sighed as I grew more annoyed by the second. Why on earth was it taking so long. I'm so close to ripping my own hair out. Maybe it's the wifi. Maybe they just forgot I exist. Maybe I just failed and they don't think failures deserve an email.

"We fucking did it!" Harry and Mason said just as they looked at each other's laptops making me jump in surprise. I immediately wrapped my arms around Mason and planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Congratulations guys." I smiled at everyone as Milo and I still waited. Milo is doing nursing which means we're somewhat in the same boat.

Masons arm wrapped around my waist as he leaned his head on my shoulder, staring at my laptop screen with me. I know for a fact he's just as anxious as I am about these results. They could make or break me. Well, I wouldn't quite say make, but most definitely break.

"Any second now." He whispered as I kept a tight hold on his hand.

Staring at the laptop screen in front of me, I heard the email sound fill my ears and my eyes snapped shut. I nervously bit my lip and squeezed Mason's hand. I can't look. I can't look. Despite having waited these last two hours staring at my screen, now that I need to look I can't.

"I passed!" Milo breathed out as everyone cheered in excitement but soon stopped.

I felt Mason pull his hand away from my deathly grip as my knee bounced up and down and my hands trembled. I don't want to see. I'm better off not knowing, yeah. I'm better off not knowing. What'll happen if I just don't look? Absolutely nothing.

"You passed, love." Mason said softly as my eyes snapped open and I was immediately met with my laptop screen showing the big bold letters. Pass. Not once, but twice.

"P...A...S...S." I spelled out in disbelief. "That says pass?" I asked as I immediately let out a loud squeal the second my brain had registered what the word was.

"WE PASSED!" Everyone yelled in excitement as we tossed our laptops to the side and immediately hugged each other.

"You're in the fourth year, my love." Mason whispered to me as everyone began putting their shoes on so we could go celebrate.