Chapter 45

Laying in bed that same night, I stared at my white ceiling unable to think of anything else other than the phone call. She had two miscarriages and I already had one, coincidentally before my first child just like hers. My fingers have been itching to call her back but I could find it in me to do it. I don't want anyone to know, their reactions are something far more than I can imagine.

Turning my side, I heard footsteps approaching my room door before the door slowly opened. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. Closing the door behind them, they silently made their way over to the bed and climbed under the covers. Mason.

"Hi gorgeous." He whispered as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest while his hand rest on my tummy.

"Hi." I whispered as I turned to face him and pecked his lips. "How was work?" I asked as he let out a soft sigh.

"It was good, they're considering one of my designs for their projects." He smiled as I instantly sat up straight.

Mason's been working at an architecture company for the last year. First he was working with the little guys but recently he's been getting promoted quite quickly, and by that I mean every couple months. He's been working on a couple designs for their new project they've started, and we've been in our living room with blueprints out for the last couple of weeks when we can't sleep. By that I mean when we're up all night because of the sickness.

"Really?! I'm so proud of you!" I grinned as I kissed him before wrapping my arms around him. "I'm so so proud of you." I repeated as he kissed my forehead and pulled me back down so I was half laying on top of him.

"Shit, you can't lay on your stomach." He said wide eyed as he instantly turned me around so I was lying on my side.

"I can lay on my tummy, Mason. Just not when I'm very pregnant." I told him as he instantly relaxed and nodded

"If my design gets chosen I'll be working with the big boys." He chuckled as a wide grin made its way to my face. "How was your day? The twins didn't bother you too much did they?" He asked hopefully as I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm.

"They went to the arcade with their friends while I caught up on some reading." I said pointing to the pile of books sitting on my nightstand.

"How's our baby been today? She causing you any trouble?" He asked as he gently rubbed my tummy.

"He's been good, just a little sore." I shrugged as a small grin made its way to his face.

Just as he was about to say something, I felt the need to pee for the tenth time today. Rolling my eyes, I pulled off the covers and made my way to the bathroom while Mason got comfortable on the bed.

Just as I pulled my pants down, my blood ran cold as I spotted blood on my panties. I grabbed a hold of the counter and my hand instantly went up to my mouth stopping me from making a single sound.

There's blood.

"Mason!" I called as I slid down the wall and sat on the floor.

Within seconds he came bursting into the bathroom looking as worried as ever.

"Are you hurt? What's wrong?" He asked as he crouched down in front of me, holding my face in his hands.

"Call mom." I whispered as he wiped my eyes. "Please just call her." I cried as he nodded and rushed out the door.

Barely a minute went by and my eyes were glued to my panties I had thrown on the other side of the bathroom. Mom came rushing in with Mason following behind, they both looked as worried as each other.