Chapter 69

Mason's POV:

I didn't know what I was expecting when we blew those doors off the ridiculously huge house, but it certainly wasn't Everly being strangled by Ethan Payne whose done nothing but cause her pain. Not the right time but pun intended.

I wanted to do nothing more than kill him right then and there, but when he threw her on the floor like she was nothing, I felt my heart leap out of my chest as I watched her fall to the floor right on top of the broken shards of glass.

Aiden went right for Ethan before Elijah had the chance and tackled him to the floor. He handcuffed his hands behind his back but didn't move off of him. I watched as Elijah led his guys up the long stairs while I wasted no time in grabbing Everly's hand and picking her up off the floor.

She tried to speak but she couldn't. I wish I could say my heart didn't break into tiny little pieces seeing her in the state she was in, but I couldn't do that. I had to be strong for her and reassure her that she and our babies would be fine in no time. They would be because they had to be.

My mind was working overtime thinking of the million things I had to do. I had to firstly take her to the hospital where Ben was waiting, I had to make sure the three of them were fine, I had to be there and make sure she had the emotional support she needed, I had to heal her mental state and I knew that'll be the hardest, but when is anything ever easy. I had to do it for her. I had to be there for her because these last two days I wasn't and that's all she needed. It's all we needed.

"Don't speak, you don't need to speak baby. I've got you, I've got all three of you and you're going to be fucking fine." I said softly as I tried to smile, hoping to offer her that slightest bit of comfort but she remained the same. A look of nothing but pain.

"My water broke." She eventually wheezed out after trying her hardest to put the words together.

Dr Charles says that's when the babies are coming. The babies aren't ready though, pregnancies are nine months long and we still have a solid month to go. They can't come just yet, both Dr Charles and Everly Rose have constantly reminded me of the dangers that come with premature birth and I don't think either of us could take anything else happening right now.

"Aiden I need you to drive!" I yelled from outside as I gently placed her in the passenger side trying not to add on to the pain and discomfort that was evident on her face.

Aiden came running out of the house at lightning speed as I tossed him the car keys before getting in the back with Everly. I hadn't realised she had passed out till we were driving on the road to the nearest hospital.

"Cmon, love. You gotta open your eyes for me." I breathed out as I gently tapped her cheek hoping to wake her up.

Her green eyes momentarily split open before closing once again. She looked drained, both emotionally and physically. Her face was pale, way too pale for my liking because all it did was make her look lifeless. The amount of bruises that decorated her skin made me sick to my stomach just thinking of the amount of pain she was in. And that was only the visible ones, I didn't even want to think of the ones underneath her clothing.

Aiden didn't bother switching off the engine, all he did was stop the car and ran inside the hospital. I immediately got out barely a second after him and gently picked her up once again. The last thing I wanted to do was press on a certain area and cause her more pain, but I knew it was inevitable. I knew regardless of what I did or how gentle I was, she'd be in pain and I hated that more than anything.