Chapter 63

"Vee! Don't cry!" The twins groaned as they pulled away from the hug and shot me a glare while their friends stood a couple feet away from them. Let's not forget their crushes.

"Why not?! You're my baby boys." I pouted as their glares intensified before giving Mason pleading looks, almost begging him to stop me from embarrassing them any further. Though I don't get what's so embarrassing! I'm expressing my love for the kids I've seen grow up.

"Why don't you kids go and do whatever the fudge you kids do, and we'll go get some food." Mason said as he didn't bother waiting for me to respond before pulling me away and into the kitchen.

"I can't believe they're eleven years old." I sobbed as he chuckled in amusement and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

Picking up a cupcake, he handed it over to me and moved my hair away from my face. My tears long gone as I sat down and picked up two more cupcakes and started eating.

Mason and I are in charge of supervising the twins at home while mom and dad pick up some last minute things. Everyone else was supposed to be over but they were given a bunch of last minute things to do that mom and dad didn't have time to get done. And so we're stuck with a bunch of eleven year olds.

At first I was more than happy to watch them and even play with them, however the second they practically disowned me, I decided to deprive them of my super cool and fun aura. They'll regret the day they were born...which was today...eleven years ago. There go the waterworks.

"I'm going to be a mess when our babies turn one." I sniffled as Mason handed me a tissue box. "Are they dead yet?" I asked referring to the cheering kids in the backyard.

"They're playing basketball and then football. Winner gets to chose the next game." He said as he pulled me up off the stool and lead me outside.

The weather has gotten significantly warmer in comparison to the freezing temperatures we've been experiencing for the last five months. I do miss it, I've said it all my life and I still live by it, I love the winter more than anything. It's a shame we have to wait seven more months. The only issue with the winter was that we were confined into our apartment. Every time we went out, it would take a good half an hour to warm up once we left the house and another half an hour to warm up when we came back. Mason made sure to keep my outings to a minimum because neither of us wanted me to get sick and so I missed out on a good winter.

"Vee if you cry you're not allowed to be here." Hayden warned as I rolled my eyes and sat myself down on one of the chairs.

"Hayden James Carter, I'll cancel this entire party. Don't tell me not to cry." I glared as he kissed my cheek and shot me a sheepish grin before running back to his team.

Sitting back, I took the milkshake Mason had made for me and started drinking it while the kids played their game of basketball. It was quite entertaining to watch them get all competitive with the twins on opposite teams. I noticed Gordon playing among the kids and I couldn't help but feel a twinge of sadness hit my heart.

They're our family whether we like it or not. Not only that, they're also not at fault. It's not their fault David was so horrible to us, but it hurts knowing that they could've done something to help up. If Jenny and Alex weren't our neighbours, no one would've helped us like they did. They would've minded their own business whether or not four little boys got abused in the house next door.

"What're you thinking about?" Mason asked as I leaned my head on his shoulder while he laced his fingers through mine, kissing the back of my hand.

"Gordon, Gabe, and Grayson." I whispered as I looked at a laughing Gordon who fell on his bottom while the twins laughed and helped him up.