Chapter 22

The next morning when I woke up, my head hurt so much more than it did when I fell asleep. Considering I didn't drink anything, I didn't expect it to hurt at all. Maybe the crying played a part, but even then.

My eyes were swollen shut as my brain slowly woke itself up. I heard a muffled voice that slowly became more and more clear. Mason. I felt the sun shining on my face while turning completely away from it. I hate the sun.

"...later, bye." I heard Mason whisper as he hung up on whoever it was and sat down on the bed. He moved my hair away from my face and kissed the top of my head while I slowly opened my eyes. "Good morning sleeping beauty." He teased.

"Morning." I mumbled groggily as I squinted my eyes open to see Mason just inches away from my face.

"You hungry, I can make breakfast?" He suggested. Wasn't he supposed to be on a plane right now.

"You didn't go?" I asked, ignoring his previous question once I saw the time.

"How could I?" He smiled as I opened my mouth to say something but he immediately silenced me while rolling his eyes. "If only my girlfriend wasn't a chatterbox." He sighed playfully making me roll my eyes.

"Guess I'll stay silent forever." I shrugged.

"Always the drama queen." He said before kissing the top of my head and helping me sit up in bed. "I'll get you a pain killer and some breakfast, yeah?" He said as I nodded my head and watched as he disappeared out of our room.

Getting out of bed, I stood up and immediately grabbed a hold of the wall. My legs were still shaking and still felt like jelly. Using the wall, I guided myself to the bathroom and held onto the sink so I could brush my teeth. I made sure to keep the door wide open incase my legs decide to betray me and make me fall to my death.

Luckily enough, I didn't fall to my death and instead fell right onto our bed. I climbed back under the covers and retied my hair in a messy bun. Mason soon returned with the bed tray and handed me a pain killer and a glass of water. I took the pill and downed the water as though I hadn't drank anything for weeks.

Pancakes. My favourite.

"I'm going to go shower, yell at me if you need anything." He said as I nodded and watched as he disappeared  into the bathroom.

Patting around the bed for my phone, I found it under my pillow and was met with my entire screen full of notifications. A good couple from each of my friends and family, several on our group chats.

Leaning against the headboard, I pulled the tray closer and slowly cut the pancakes into pieces before eating. My stomach has been churning since I had woken up. I felt as though I was going to throw up any second but at the same time I knew I wasn't going to.

Soon enough, I was done with breakfast and out the half eaten pancakes to the side. I pulled off the duvet and sat up so my legs were hanging off the side of the bed before standing up. I slowly walked into the bathroom while Mason was showering and washed my face with cold water hoping it'll help with the nausea. It didn't.

"You need anything?" Mason asked as he poked his head out of the steamed up shower doors.

Shaking my head, he hesitantly closed the door. I looked up in the mirror and cringed at my reflection. Despite having already 'fixed' my hair, it was still poking around in a bunch of different directions. The dark circles under my eyes appeared much more darker and hollow. I moved my hand up to try and fix my hair but my eyes landed on my bruised wrist.

I quickly put my sleeve down before pulling my sweatpants down just enough so I could see my leg. Bruised.

Sighing, I leaned against the sink and closed my eyes listening to the water falling in the shower. I opened my eyes and walked back into the room just as the water stopped.