Chapter 38

One hour, eleven minutes, forty two seconds. Forty three, forty four, forty five, forty six...

"You're awake?" I heard a soft voice asked as I flinched away and instantly hissed in pain. My period pains are worse. "You're okay, I've got you." Mason whispered.

He gently wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest. My eye was swollen shut making it difficult for me to even open it, my ribs were burning, and my head was pounding. He gently stroked my back as I inhaled his comforting scent.

The only problem was I don't know where I am. Our bedsheets are way softer than the ones I'm in at the moment, our white walls replaced with grey ones, the picture of Mason and I at our high school wedding replaced with a random piece of art.

"W...where are we?" I asked as I burst into a fit of coughs. Mason instantly handed me a cup of water and helped me drink it before helping me sit up. My voice sounds disgusting.

I leaned against the headboard and took in a deep breath before opening my only functioning eye.

"I'm so fucking sorry, Bambi." Mason apologised as he held an ice pack to my eye while I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Anything could've happened and they could've done so much fucking worse and there I was, pissed off for no fucking reason." He said angrily as I closed my eyes and kept them closed.

"Where are we?" I asked, hoping it's far away from our apartment.

"At Harry's, you've been out all night." He said as I flinched away from the ice pack when he applied a tiny bit of pressure.

God knows what happened after I passed out, I'm not too sure if I want to know either. My brain is working overtime as it usually is but this time it's a lot more fuzzy. I can barely think straight and my brain just wants to replay everything that happened. The entire twenty minutes was on a loop projecting in front of my eyes.

"I'm so confused right now." I mumbled as he pulled the ice pack away and set it down to the side.  

"Ben said you would be." He sighed. "I've spoken to Elijah and we have everything covered, I just need you safe." He said as he gently held my face in his hands. As though I'd shatter if he held too tight or pressed too hard.

"I'm sorry for not telling you before." I apologised as he shook his head and stroked my cheek. "I should've told you but I really didn't want to." I said as I took in a shaky breath before closing my eyes.

"I forgive you, I promise we're good and it's fine. But that doesn't mean you do it again, don't hide anything from me. No matter how big or small it is, I don't care. Just please, come to me." He said as I connected my pinky with him and nodded. "I can't have anything happening to my girl, especially when I can do something about it." He said softly.

"Kelly and Mia?" I asked hoping they're both fine and safe.

"I filled them in, they're both completely fine. I trust Max with Mia and strangely enough I trust Harvey too." He chuckled as a small smile made its way to my lips. "I'm going to kill that son of a bitch, even if it's the last thing I do." He grumbled as I closed my eyes and listened to his heartbeat.

I think it's the only sound in the world that calms me down. The only sound in the world I'd listen to on repeat for days at a time. The only sound in the world that brings me peace. I hadn't realsied that I had drifted off till I felt Mason slowly move. My eyes snapped open and I instantly scanned my surroundings till I realised where I was.

Relaxing back in the bed, I calmed myself down before throwing the blanket off me. I'm guessing Mason's outside since I'm all alone with the door slightly open. I got off the bed and made my way into the joint bathroom. The second I looked up in the mirror, I instantly cringed at my reflection. I look horrible, scary.