Chapter 53

Christmas morning. I love Christmas morning just because it's one of the warmest feelings I've ever felt. Early in the morning, kids running to our rooms to wake us up, the sky is barely blue and still dark and the snowfall makes it all the more magical.

"Cmon wake up." I heard the twins harshly whisper as they shook Mia and I awake.

Squinting our eyes open, we saw two grinning faces hovering over us before they were pulled back by none other than dad. He threw them both over his shoulders while they yelled in surprise.

"Merry Christmas Mimi." I yawned as I rubbed my eyes.

"Merry Christmas sister in law." She sleepily responded.

The two of us threw off the blanket and put on our fluffy slippers before making our way out of the Mia's room. She went to the bathroom while I made my way to my room. Quietly opening the door, my bed was made but the sound of water running in the bathroom told me Mason was still here.

I pulled my hair tie out of my hair before retying it and walking into my bathroom. Mason was stood over the sink brushing his teeth before. It wasn't long till he noticed I walked in and stepped to the side giving me room to grab my own toothbrush.

We brushed our teeth in silence and washed our faces before walking out. I quickly moisturised and put on some chapstick before standing up to leave.

Mason was by my side in an instant with his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him. Rolling my eyes I didn't bother looking up at him, instead I stared at the suddenly interesting carpet I've had all my life.

"You're still mad?" He asked, his voice deeper than ever. Damn it I hate the mornings for this reason alone. His voice causes an entire infestation of butterfly's in my tummy.

I didn't nod, I didn't shake my head, and I didn't say anything. Sighing, he pulled me to his chest and wrapped his arms around me, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

I contemplated whether or not I should let the big be awkward and not hug him back, or hug him back and let him think I'm forgiving him.

And so I did what any sane person would do, my fear of awkwardness overtook my stubbornness for that moment in time and my arms were tightly wrapped around his torso. I immediately felt his body relax and I felt horrible for making him so...tense.

Pulling away, I turned around and walked right out of my bedroom before running down the stairs and into the living room where everyone was waiting. Hayden and Hudson were stood by the presents with their hands on their hips and glares on their faces.

"It's about time!" They said at the same time as I sat besides Kelly and leaned my head on her shoulder while Mason walked in and sat on the floor besides me.

The twins immediately got started their presents and ripped open every single box that had their name on it. They threw others like it was nothing and I swear I heard something smash but we all ignored it. I bet dad got someone a mug.

After thanking everyone for their presents, they rushed around and gave everyone a quick hug before hauling all their presents to the corner like they do every year. They made two trips each and finally had all their things out the way.

Mom had her video camera out and was recording the entire time while dad picked up the wrapping paper and whatever other meds they had made.

"Whose next?" Mom asked as I leaned over and grabbed Mia's arm before holding it up.

Pushing my face back with a glare, she hid her face in her hands while I burst out laughing. Mia hates going second on Christmas and every single year I volunteer her and she hates me for it.