Chapter 3

Meera goes to the dining room and sees no one in the room other than the maid.she sat down in a chair and awaits for karna and waits for karna.

A small figure with neared the dining table which is karna who is shocked by meera's presence there. Meera also noticed that but not said anything. He sits in a chair which is the farthest from her.

Meera looked at him with a face saying it hurts and moved to the chair next to him and asked maid to serve food.Karna who was awkward in dinner left the dining room. Meera looked at his Back sadly while he was leaving not knowing what to say.thoughtout the dinner both of them not uttered a single word.thinking about this,

Meera : no..I won't accept my lose this easily.i will make you accept me as your mother.

Then she asked maid to prepare a glass of warm milk.

With the milk in her hand
Meera: yes..you can do it Meera.
She went directly to karna's room and knocked it. Even she encouraged herself, her heart is full of anxiety, she only experience this earlier in her college university entrance exam.

The door opens

Karna with shocked face: madam. Do you want anything from me?

Meera heard the word madam not mother and lost the last string of confidence she had.

Meera : shall I come in

Karna : sorry madam..not realised you are standing.
And moved from the door.

Meera entered and sat down on the bed and saw karna eho was standing there nervously and also she can see the fear in his face.

Meera in her mind:son, I am more nervous than you right now.

Meera  dragged hin to make him sit opposite to her in the bed and started to speak which she rehearsaled several times before coming here

Meera: Son, I know what I did was wrong. I should not have treated you like this. I understand now I am at fault. Can you give me a chance to be a proper mother.

Karna who was surprised by her calling him her son and her further words makes him think that he was dreaming.
No response from karna increases her anxiety.

Meera: son..please forgive mom..okay..please.

Karna shocked: madam please Don't do this..you never done anything wrong..you never treated me bad.

Meera in her mind: old Meera never hurted him and always treated as non existent but that also wrong from present meera's point of view.

Meera said sadly: no..I am wrong. Since I  bought you, I should take the responsibility till end..i should have acted as you mother but I never sone that.

Karna not knowing what to say : madam. Don't be like that.

Meera: then, can you accept me as your mother.

Karna: I always thought of you as mother.

Karna who always longed for love was happy when he was adopted. He got hurt when both his parents not cared about him after adoption but he was always felt greatfull  for bringing him here and he  thought of them as their own parents. He dreamt that one day they will also accept him.hearing her words, made him fly in the cloud but not shown anything in face.

Meera: then why are you not calling me mother..son, call me mother..I want to her it now..(asked excitingly)

Karna: mmmom

Meera with full of smiles: oh my good son.. I,  Meera will try her best to be your mom.

She Told this like offical introduction of her and moves her hand for handshake.

Karna also smiled back:  thank you mom.this son also try his best to be you

And gave handshake  to her.

Meera remembered her milk and gave it to him.

Meera : drink this son. It will makes you grow.

Karna took it and drunk all the milk in the glass.

Meera: good night son
Karna: good night mom

Meera who was praising herself for successfully taken first step to get close to karna reached her room..while lying on the bed, she started to prepare plans for weekend with karna and went to sleep.

🌺🌺🌺Dear Readers..Please share this story to your friends and give your support by giving votes and comments...your vote and comment means a lot to me🌺🌺🌺