Origin (3)

Y/n First Person ;
   "Vander? What's going on?" You ask as he starts looking around. "You have to get out of here." He said pushing you to the woods. "No! If you fight you won't make it out." You exclaimed as he kept pushing you deeper in. "I'll be back tomorrow." Vander said as he turned around and walked back into the light.
   You knew you couldn't just leave him there so you made a plan for yourself.
Vander First Person ;
   I really hope he's leaving me and not hiding somewhere, I need him to be safe in case anything happens.
   "Vander Warwick" someone shouted from an aircraft. "Yeah that's me, keep your pants on." I shouted to them. "What do you want?" "The boy you were with." Someone said as they jumped off and started walking into the light. "Who're you?" I asked not recognizing that face. "Oh you don't know? I'm the new inforcers captain." They said as they got closer to me. "Now, give him up the easy way." They said putting their arms behind their back. "Who is this boy you speak of? Don't think I know him." I said hoping they wouldn't say y/n. "Y/n." Shit. "Don't know em." No matter what I wouldn't just give him up like that. He's hiding from something and I'm going to help.
   "There!" Someone from the ship shouted, I looked in the direction of where the light was going to see y/n in a tree. Shit. I quickly punched the captain in the face and ran towards y/n's direction.
   By the time I reached him he was in handcuffs, already bloody and sitting against a tree. "I really wish you wouldn't have done that Vander." The captain said from behind me. "Let me explain him to you."
Third Person ;
"He's from the upside. He's supposed to be in prison for killing an inforcer and injuring 5 more. He's quite the problem. We shall be taking him back, the inmates are excited for your return y/n." The captain explained while Vander just stared at the ground. "Oh one more thing, his parents may be dead but he was taken in by a council member."
"Vander.." Y/n said as he coughed blood. "I'm sorry, I didn't know if I could trust you." Vander still distraught, quickly turned and punched the captain in the face again. At that point the inforcers focus was him. Y/n sat there in shock and unsure of what to do with his hands being cuffed.
Finally Vander had knocked them all out and turned to y/n. "Vander.." Y/n whispered under his breath as he got closer. Y/n shut his eyes hard thinking he was going to hurt him, suddenly he heard the click of the cuffs and felt them fall off. Not looking at Vander, y/n stood up. Vander grabbed y/n's shoulder and picked him up. Without a word, Vander carried y/n home.
——at Vander's place
Y/n First Person ;
Your head was in pain and so was your torso. You tried sitting up but Vander put his hand on your chest. "Lay back down, you're just going to hurt yourself more." Vander said not even looking at you. You sat up anyway, it did infact hurt. "Y/n, didn't I just tell you-" Vander cut off as he looked at me. You hadn't realized your shirt was off and you had bandages around your stomach area. Both our faces got red as we tried to hide it.
"Here." Vander said handing you his jacket. It was big on you but it was warm and smelled like him, you put it on you tightly. "Who wrapped me up?" You asked still avoiding his gaze. "I did, I would've had someone else do it but I didn't know if you wanted a complete stranger touching you." Vander put his hand on the bed next to yours. "Thank you.. for doing this and um..." you trailed off not knowing how to continue. "You're welcome." He said looking away from you, you watched as he reached for your hand but didn't do anything.
"Y/n.. Can I ask a question?" Vander said rubbing the back of his neck. You looked at him then at your hands, you were fidgeting with the button on the jacket. "Okay." Vander took a deep breath the said, "is it true? That you're from the upside?" You paused your fidgeting then continued. "Yeah.. why?" You watched as he stood up and locked the door, a little concerned by this you backed up to the bed frame.
Vander turned from the door and came to the bed side where his stool was. He didn't sit down. You felt a sharp pain run through your abdomen and leaned over clutching it. You heard Vander walk away into an unknown room. You were too worried about the pain that you didn't notice he had come back.
"Come here." He said sitting back down in his stool. You obliged and moved to him. "I need to change your bandages, afterward we can talk more." You slid his jacket off. Vander then started undoing the bandages, they were covered in blood. His hands were gentle, they were rough from what you assumed fighting. He took a wet cloth and put it to your wound where the inforcers must've cut you when you came down out of the tree. You gasped as it was cold, he was silent the entire time.
"Alright, now time to talk." Vander said as he set the first aid box onto the floor. "Okay." You said sitting back onto the bed cross legged. "What did the captain mean by "the inmates are excited for your return?"' You took a short breath gripping the sheets tightly. "You know I'm in for killing an inforcer and injuring 5, the inmates as you can assume respect people like that." You paused not knowing how he'd react to your next statement. "They found out I was an upsider, now they weren't respected." You looked at Vander as he looked back at you curious as to what you're about to say next. "They figured out that I am.. I'm gay. They were beating me before this just because of being an topsider, but the beatings got worse after and..." tears formed in your eyes, you quickly wiped them away and looked back down at the sheets. "They used me."
A silence filled the room, you didn't know how Vander would react to knowing you're gay now. You felt a slight fear rising in your gut. Vander then reached out to your arm, you flinched. He paused for a second then continued, pulling you into a hug. "I'll never let anyone do that to you again." He said as he rested his face in the crook of your neck. Suddenly you burst into tears and hugged him tightly not noticing you were sitting on his lap.