Avoidance (6)

Recap ; You and Vander had sex, his aftercare was a bath and letting you wear his clothes, you felt exposed to him and insecure about what he thinks. You think distancing yourself from him will help.
Y/n First Person ;
   You hadn't slept much that night, still thinking about Vander and what he thinks of you now. You sit their patiently waiting for dawn to hit, planning how your day is going to go. You'll leave and just not come back until he's asleep, sounds like a good idea.
   You turn over to look at your sleeping giant, he was peaceful. His snoring was the only thing that bugged you. You had focused in on his scars, god there were so many. Especially on his back. You looked at his wrists noticing similar marks as yours but you brushed it off as nothing. You kept thinking of negative things Vander could do but just remember how he was before and during. You couldn't make yourself believe he'd leave you just like that.
   You were so lost in your thoughts that you didn't realize he had woken up. Vander was just looking at you, not saying anything, not moving. He finally broke the silence and your thoughts by saying, "you look tired. Did you sleep?" You just looked at his worried expression, you wanted to shove down all the thoughts running through your head. You wanted him to. You sighed and turned away from him, you heard him sigh then start to get out of bed.
   You sat up and watched as he did his everyday things before work, going to the bathroom, eating, brushing his teeth, then changing. His routine was simple yet time consuming. "You just going to watch me as I change?" He asked jokingly. You put your head down and stared at the blanket, not saying anything.
   He finished changing then came over to the bed, he gently grabbed your chin and made you face him. You looked at him for a brief second to see his saddened face, it hurt but you knew you shouldn't. He pulled you into a kiss and then walked away.
   You so badly wanted to tell his name and make him stay. But you had a plan that you felt needed to be done.
   You stood up and changed your clothing, only you left Vander's shirt on. You tucked it into your pants and walked out the door.
   As you walked the streets you could feel people watching you, some even whisked. You just ignored them and kept your head down. You found a weapons shop and went inside. They had colorful knives with cerated edges. While their were hand guns and rifles. Along with bows and arrows. You walked up to the cashier and asked for the sharpest and most durable knife they had. He handed it to you, you then payed and walked out.
   You could smell food from down the street, it almost made you gag. Food wasn't something you liked very much.
   There was a jewelry shop around the corner, you went in just to see what they had. Lots of pretty necklaces, rings, and bracelets. You didn't buy anything from there as everything was too expensive for your liking.
   You went to light your pipe but realized you didn't have a lighter and you were out of tobacco. So you kept walking til you found a smoke shop. When you walked in you could smell weed, you rolled your eyes at the smell then went and found what you were looking for. You had checked the price beforehand because you knew stoners sometimes upped the price for their paycheck. You payed what you were supposed to while the cashier yelled at you about not paying 'the right amount.' You pulled the knife on him and he shut up.
   By that point you were getting tired and it was almost night fall. You figured Vander would be home by now so you walked slowly while smoking your pipe. At some point you could tell someone was following you but every time you tried to see them, they disappeared. Instead of continuing straight like you were supposed to you hung a left into a shop. You figured if they were following you they'd be the next person to walk in. You were right.
   It was a slim female with short purple hair. She wasn't very pretty but then again you're gay. You watching her as she watched you. As you walked she got closer. This gave you an idea.
   You walked tot he back of the store where the cameras nor the cashier would see you. You then grabbed her wrist and slammed her into the wall. "Why are you following me?" You said in her ear. "Y/n right? Aren't you a touch one." She said with a slight laugh. "My boss wants to see you, I figured you wouldn't go willingly so I was going to know you out and kidnap you." You rolled your eyes as you pulled you knife with your free hand. Putting it in front of her face, "you're lying." Her eyes widened and then she sighed. "Alright you got me jackass, you're wearing Vander's shirt correct? I just wanted to see where you got it from." She said squirming, but you tightened your grip on her arm. You grunted then let her go, "don't follow me or I'll kill you." You said walking away from her.
   When you got to the door you made sure she wasn't behind you. When you were certain you walked in to see Vander sitting in a chair cooking his pipe.
   "Where were you?" He said not facing you. You didn't answer him, you just walked to the bathroom. Right as you were about to shut the door Vander putting his hand in the way. Opening the door he shoved you against the wall while holding both your hands above your head. "Answer me." He said with a stern face. "In town." You said not looking at him.
   You felt him tighten his grip which started to hurt your wrists. "What took you so long?" He asked. "Got held up." You said still not looking at him. "With what?" He put his other hand against the wall beside your head and leaned on it.
   "Why's it matter?" You asked, now you looked at him. Giving the same stern face. At that point he tightened his grip so much that it hurt. You slightly groaned in pain not wanting to say anything else to him.
   You watched as his eyes trailed down your body, he then looked back at his shirt. "Is that what you wore all day?" He asked in a stern but concerned tone. You nodded, if you said anything he'd be able to hear that you were in pain. "Damn it, we're you followed? Do you know how dangerous that could be for you?" He said tightening his grip more. "Vander.." you stuttered out, "that hurts."
   His eyes widened and his facial expression changed. He quickly let of your wrists and then walked out of the bathroom. Shutting the door behind him. You took a  a deep breath in as you rubbed your red wrists.
   You undressed and started the shower. You washed your body and your hair, you then stood under the water for a few minutes. Your mind was blank, it was silent except for the water hitting your skin. When you got out you realized you forgot to grab other clothes, you were too focused on avoiding Vander. You creamed the door open slightly and saw Vander standing in the doorway with his pipe. You stepped out in a towel, as you looked through your clothes you noticed none of them were clean. You sighed and looked at Vander.
   "Do you have-" Before you could finished he said, "on the dresser." You looked over to see a neatly folded pile of clothes. "Thanks.." you said almost too quietly. You could feel him watching you change into his clothes.
   "Just going to stare?" You asked looking at him while taking the towel off and putting on his boxers. Unlike you, he kept staring. His cheeks were slightly red but that was it. "Silent treatment? Like I did this morning.." You hadn't realized you were thinking aloud. "I don't know what you think of me after last night and I figured distancing myself would help me not get hurt. Obviously I was wrong." You put your hands over your mouth as soon as you finished that sentence. "Shit, Vander- I wasn't supposed- Fuck." You stuttered out definitely sure his thoughts on you had changed.
   He started walking over to you, you backed up not knowing what he was going to do. You hit the wall and he stopped right in front of you. Silence filled the room as we both just stared at each other. He pulled you into a hug, "you know, seeing you vulnerable like that made me realize how much of you I wanted to explore." He said as you were still trying to piece together what was happening. "I want to see every part of you y/n. I really like you, it's okay if you don't like me back but I really do." Tears filled your eyes and you hugged Vander tightly. "I'm sorry." You said while shutting your eyes tightly causing tears to roll down your cheeks.
   "I'm sorry for hurting you earlier.." Vander said as we laid in his bed. "It's just slight bruising.." you said not knowing what else to say. "Bruising? Y/n why'd you hold in the pain?" He said looking at you with concern. Avoided his question by changing the subject. "Your wrists.. they're similar scarring to mine..." You said running your finger along his arm.
There was a small pause before he answered, "they're from when I was in my teen years. Growing up here, life wasn't the nicest." He forced a laugh. "What are yours from?" Vander rolled onto his side to face you directly. You awkwardly laughed, "ah well the undercity is worse.. they're also from my teen years."
Vander leaned in to kiss you. "You tell me your story and I'll tell you mine?" He asked after kissing you. You stared at him for a moment then agreed to this.