ǝuo-ʎʇuǝʍʇ

꧁꧂

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ʀᴀɪɴʏ ᴅᴀʏꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴀᴅ ʟᴜᴄᴋ

Now, I never expected to find myself sat leaned behind a roof's wall, while it shitted itself down with rain, but evil Russians were involved, so extremes were now involved, you know.

The truck made that loud beeping sound as it reversed. "Look for Imperial Panda, and Kaufman Shoes." Robin called over to Dustin as he watched through the binoculars, like our sight wasn't good enough for us.

Men passed around the place with different boxes in the rain and Dustin spoke up. "They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock." I looked over at him in the yellow raincoat, thinking about how I was having to borrow Robin's spare, which was two sizes too big and close to dragging along the floor when I walked around.

"What do you think's in there?" Steve, the one with the most braincells obviously, asked.

"Guns, bombs?" Dustin said, still looking through the binoculars.

"Chemical weapons?" Robin asked, and I looked over at her for a moment, thinking. She had a point. Chemical weapons were a good shout, considering the lovely dangerous past of Hawkins in the last two years.

"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth." Dustin shouted over at us through the rain's continuation, pointing out the two guys armed with guns.

"Great." Steve murmured, wiping the rain out of his eyes, which returned seconds later. "That's great."

The door was opened by a guy with a gun, and I watched in suspense as the doors opened up so slowly. "What's in there?" I called over to the boy.

"It's just more boxes." Great. More boxes. The two boys began to argue about the binoculars, and I watched, annoyed, before one of them caused there to be a sound, and we all quickly ducked. I wasn't in the mood to be shot tonight; I won't lie to you.

And when we left, we left quickly for the back entrance. As we walked the corridor, Robin spoke up. "Well, I think we've found your Russians."

⊹˚˖⁺

Dustin had continued to do some more snooping around the next morning and reported to us at the parlour later that day. Which was great because I loved keeping up with the evil Russians of Hawkins.

"THAT keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has massive gun." He concluded, making me hold back the urge to throw my head back against the table. "Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." Steve swung his hat around on his finger, Robin played with the scooper, and I played with the Rubiks cube I'd stollen off the girl earlier.

"But there's gotta be a way in." Robin says, hopeful.

Steve blew into his hat, bringing it back into shape before throwing it onto the table. "Well, you know," He slowly leaned against the table. "I could just take him out."

"Take who out?" Robin clarified, mocking the boy completely. Rule number thirteen: hold back from mocking Steve too much unless it's to do with the known fact that he cannot fight.

"The Russian guard." Steve says, and she leaned back in her chair, nodding, not believing the ramifications of his bullshit. "What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy."

"Did you zone out when Dustin talked about that weapon he's carrying? It's called a massive gun." I pointed out to him, head tilted.

"Yes, Byers. I did." He told me. "And that's why I would be sneaking."