xıs-ʎʇɹıɥʇ

꧁꧂

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ꜱɪx: ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ

"I don't understand." I say, still following them into the 7/11. Now morning, with fresh clothes on from my bag that I had put in the bag very last minute, it felt as though I had only slept for ten minutes in the back of a packed car owned by Steve Harrington. Oh wait-

"Why do we have to buy him so much stuff, considering we know he's gonna stress-eat?" I asked, then yawning.

"Okay, sleepy-head, please argue when you have the energy." Robin replied, holding a list out to me and Max to follow before dragging Dusting along to the other side of the 7/11. Why. Why did she do this to me?

"How long did you sleep for?" Max asked me as we walked towards the freezer aisle. If I knew-

"Ten, fifteen minutes if lucky..." I muttered, stretching my arms out as we walked. The girl chuckled as she watched me yawn again, glancing back down at the list given by Robin. "What're we looking for?"

"Two packs of soda... boxes of cereal and smoothies-" We turned a corner as she read off the paper, stopping suddenly and pulling me back around to the freezer aisle by my jacket's sleeve.

The girl's eyes were wide as she glanced back around the corner, back at me, voice serious and quiet. "We need to get out of here."

"Why...?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed as she moved me against a freezer, out of sight from something. Or someone.

The girl sighed, looking straight at me. "My mom is here..." She muttered, glancing back between me and the aisle. "I didn't leave her a note or anything for last night. If she sees me, she's gonna send me right back home to lecture me on running away like eleven-year-old me-" As the girl continued to talk I realised the situation in hand, taking off my jacket to cover over her top, pulling the hood up and over her face. The red head raised an eyebrow at my actions. "Seriously? That's not so inconspicuous as you think-"

"Got any better ideas?" I asked the girl, now in the light blue zip-up, as she glanced back down the next aisle. When she looked back at me, a delicate hand landed on my chest as she stepped closer.

Oh. Okay. Uh.. Shit. Sure yeah. Uh what. Fuck. Hahaha what.

"Kiss me." Max 'my biggest crush ever who is also my best friend' Mayfield said casually, with a small shrug of the shoulders. Rule number sixty: Don't fall so badly that you just do whatever the fuck she says.

My eyes fluttered for a moment as I tilted my head, letting the words sink in. "What?" I asked with a short nervous laugh.

The girl let out another short sigh at the fact she had to explain something to me. IS IT MY FAULT I'M DOWN BAD FOR YOU? "Displays of affection like making out can make others extremely uncomfortable, especially in public."

"Correct, I-" Before I could even figure a reason to say no, a hand had wrapped around the back of my neck and up to my head, clashing my lips against Max's own.

A sensation flew around in my stomach as such a tender, yet almost adventurous kiss occurred between us. A giddy feeling in my head like a little kid kicking their feet and twirling their hair sat inside my head as I felt the girl's other hand move to my waist, pulling me closer.

With one of my hands shooting up to the hand on my neck, I intertwined our fingers while my right hand pulled her in by the jacket collar. A warm feeling fell all over my cheeks as the girl only pulled her lips away momentarily for air, her even warming breath lingering over me before she leaned in again. Our lips locked together like two pieces in a puzzle. So perfectly it was unexplainable.