ǝuıu-ʎʇuǝʍʇ

꧁꧂

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ: ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ

"The Mind Flayer- it built this monster in Hawkins," As we had the whole story told, everyone who still needed to catch up listened, which was most of us considering there was so much that had happened in the last few days- for all of us. "to stop El, to kill her and pace a way into our world."

"And it almost did." Nancy says after her brother. "That was just one tiny piece of it."

"How big is this thing?" As Steve paced back and forth, Hopper carried on the questions. Was now a bad time for a nap? I feel like now is a bad time for a nap.

"Hey, eyes open." Looking back up from the floor, I groggily looked over at Max with my tired face, weakly smiling at her words. I was certainly trying to.

"It's big." Johnathan murmured. That's what- "Thirty feet at least." It wasn't looking good for us, huh...

"Yeah." Lucas says. "It sorta destroyed your cabin." He slipped in casually. Sorta? Is some of it still standing or what? "Sorry..." The boy whispered softly, nodding on.

"Okay, so, just to be clear," Steve spoke up, next to both me and Max, of who was practically the only one keeping me awake currently. "this... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El," El wasn't doing too good, even onto her second soda yet the girl still had had not much color return to her face. "it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?"

"Yes." A tired Nancy replied.

"But instead of screws, metal, wood- instead the Mind Flayer's weapon is... bones, flesh and just to throw it in the same category; melted people?" I asked, arms crossed as I held back a yawn.

"Yes." Nancy nodded over to me. "Exactly!"

"Yeah, okay..." Steve says, also nodding his head along, "I- Yeah, I'm just... making sure."

"Are we sure this thing is still out there?" Mom asked. "Still alive?"

"El beat the shit out of it." Max says. "But, yeah, it's still alive."

"But, if we close the gate again-" My twin spoke up, bringing us back around to some kind of a plan.

"We cut the brain off from the body." Max nods, looking over at me for confirmation, while I could only nod. The outline of the plan was good. We did need to close the gate. But El was in no stable way to stand, let alone go through the whole of that Russian base- even with Hop by her side. And for her then to close it, too?

"And kill it." Lucas finished her words as I let my thoughts get the better of me.

"That's the theoretical, bit." I murmured.

"YOO-HOO?!" All head turned, including Elevens, at the shout of a voice across the mall, along with the sound of papers rustling together. Murray waved his hands around, papers and papers in each hand as he did so. "YOO-HOO?!" Rule number thirty-nine: be careful when you invite Murray to something. To anything. He might get pissed

⊹˚˖⁺

The man placed the papers onto the table for all to see, pointing at different parts of his map as he spoke. "Okay, this is what Alexei called 'the hub.' Now, the hub takes us to the vault room."

"Okay, where's the gate?" Hopper obviously was not in the mood on learning how to read a map, and was far more concerned about, well, the lives at stake.