ʇɥɓıǝ-ʎʇɹoɟ

꧁꧂

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ʟʟ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ

From the attic, if you listened carefully enough, you could hear Kate Bush play, while the rest of us did nothing but walk around the house with the lamps. Erica passed me by as I walked through to the kitchen area, but still not getting any reactions at the lamp.
Perhaps it was far too early for anything from Vecna. It wouldn't surprise me too much.

No other sounds could be heard. Just the silence and Kate Bush.
Then a rushing sound. Like someone was searching for something. Or someone. Again, Erica comes towards me, a worried look on her face, no longer holding her lamp.

As I followed the girl, the brighter the lamp in my own hands got as I entered the living area. Erica's own lamp flashed on the side as we stared at it. What the fuck do we do now?

Finding Lucas + Max

The girl wrote on paper, only getting a nod from me before she rushed off again. I stepped closer to the lamp, watching as mine turned more intense. Shit. She was right. Vecna.
Staring at the situation at hand, I left my lamp next to it and then sat down on one of the couches. The others only joined moments later, no one still daring to make a noise. Just one wrong move and we could ruin the whole plan.

Maxine stepped towards our two flashing lights, noticing how hers began to glow and flash with them, too. Erica scribbled away on her notepad again, showing it over to her brother afterwards while Max glanced between us all.

Phase one?

We all only nod- and the two siblings run out of the house to contact the others. Leaving only us. Me and Maxine. Maxine and I.

She sits opposite me, with Kate Bush playing loud enough for me to hear each sound just perfectly. I couldn't tell if I was ever going to be able to stop listening to this song once this was over, or ever listen to it again.

What if this didn't work out? Or Vecna was smarter than we thought? We still didn't know if his only plan was to dominate. Was it just to be an ass?
The blue lights still hadn't stopped flickering. Vecna still didn't want to fuck off. Great.

Hi
Max writes on the notepad she'd brought with her.

Smiling the best I could, I reach over to the notepad I had, too, along with the pen.
Hi :)

Max writes again.
Apologies for nearly running you over outside
- even better-looking person next to you, in mr clarke's class

Trying to not make a noise from smiling or laughing too much, I scribble on my paper.
You're not THAT good-looking...
- good-looking person

And she smiles. One of those genuine smiles that had become far more rare over the years. Maxine writes away on the notepad again.
I'm glad you're here, Parker
- better-looking person

I'm glad I'm here too, Maxine
- good-looking person

She does that smile again. God I could look at it for the rest of my life.

So... are you free next Friday?
- good-looking person

Was that a good idea to write? I have no fucking idea. But I was certainly going to shoot my shot while I still could.

Depends, might be saving the world
what're you gonna ask me?
- better-looking person

I try not to rush what a write. Don't need any spelling mistakes, now, Parker.