Chapter 11: Heartbreak

Once Tails finished eating breakfast and the others did the same, they all went to the beach to play beach volleyball. They were all having fun until a certain orange hedgehog appeared.
Sonic looks at the others and tells them that he wants some privacy with Tails.

Silver said: "Alright."
Knuckles said: "Tell him I said hi."
Cream said: "Okie dokie, mr. Sonic!"
Everyone leaves and Sonic and Tails finally get alone.
"Umm.. I was gonna say sorry, but now I can't believe I said that..." Sonic sighed as he scratched his neck awkwardly. "Sorry for fucking Amy instead of you. I was trying to distance myself from you to prevent stalker-ish behavior! But, ugh.. That didn't work out so well, did it? Well.. I guess we can call it quits."
"Hmmm.. I see. Well, whatever you wanted to do with her, Sonic... I think I should take that responsibility now..." Tails replies as he smiles sadly at his older friend. "We all know I'm too immature to handle a relationship, so I should probably learn how to act like one. And... maybe... I should also find someone else to love as much as I do..."
"Wait, what? Tails what are you talking about? We're best friends. Friends who fuck constantly aren't we?"I know that you love Amy as much as she loves you, but she's got no interest in you anymore. She's having sex with Shadow now."
"Why did you want to fuck me in the first place?"
Tails froze for a moment before he started blushing bright red, knowing full well what Sonic is referring to. He quickly turned around and tried to run away, but Sonic grabs Tails wrist.
"Please... Don't leave me alone right now. This isn't like you..." Sonic begged.
"I know.. I know.. I just...." Tears start to roll down his cheeks.
"I was hoping that you could forgive me. But since you obviously don't wanna... Forget it then. If you don't want me anymore, I understand.. You never did give me a chance anyway. You've been dating Amy for awhile already. I just hope things won't end up between you two.. It'll only bring harm to all of us..."
"But I love you. And you love her.."
"Yeah but that doesn't mean I'm willing to lose you over her."
"Look. I love her. She makes me happy... And you're my closest family member. The only thing I would ever do for you is take care of you. Please don't hate me..."
"I'm not-"
"I love you, Sonic. But I can't love anyone like I love you. Goodbye..." Tails said as he walks off, leaving behind his tears falling onto Sonic's hand that's still holding him.
"Tails! Wait!!" Sonic yells. Tails keeps running away from Sonic, refusing to turn back and face him once again.
"Tails! Please don't leave me!"
Tails continued running towards a building that Sonic had told him earlier where his house is. Once he got to the front door, he felt depressed to not be with his boyfriend anymore. He was crying for the whole day.