ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ | ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘʀᴀɴᴋ

Julie had been thinking a lot about what had been going on the last few days. Something was going on with the Upside Down, that was for sure. Will was having episodes, Dustin had lost a baby monster. Julie had been getting closer to Steve, and she had slapped Billy. Her home life was so hectic, that she glad to have been called and asked to take Holly to the park. Well, Holly wanted to go to the park with Julie and not her parents.

      Either way, Julie was blocking everyone and everything but Holly Wheeler out of her mind. She stood behind Holly as she pushed the little girl in a swing. Holly was giggling loudly, swinging her feet in joy. To tease her four year old friend, Julie held the swing and stopped it from moving when it came back to her. Holly groaned, but then squealed when Julie let go and she swung higher than ever.

      When Holly got bored of the swing, she went to the slide. Julie helped her climb up the steps, and per Holly's request, Julie caught her at the end of the slide. The cycle kept going, until Holly started to yawn.

      "Oh, dear, I think it's time to go home, Miss Holly." Julie said, lifting Holly into her arms.

      "Okay." Holly said, resting the side of her face on Julie's shoulder.

      Julie smiled and they started their walk home. She was going to have Holly walk, but they were there for longer than anticipated and Holly's nap time was nearing, so she gave the girl a break.

      When the girls neared Holly's house, Julie saw Dustin and Steve arguing in the Wheeler's front yard. Odd. Dustin was trying to get into Steve's car, but Steve was still standing in the yard.

      "Hey?" Julie said in a questioning manor as she got close enough.

      "Jesus, there you are. I've been calling your house like crazy. Where were you?" Dustin asked, walking up to Julie and throwing his arms around her waist.

      "I was with Holly, and I love you too, bud." she said with a smile, wrapping her free arm around Dustin.

      "Go return the kid. We have work to do." Dustin said, letting go of Julie and shoving her towards the front door.

      Julie looked at Steve, but he just shrugged. She walked up the path to the door and rung the doorbell, having to wait for almost a minute until the door opened. When it did, she sighed in relief.

      "Here's your kid, have a nice day." was all Julie said, passing a sleeping Holly to her father and turning to walk back down the path to Dustin and Steve, who were still in the yard.

      "Do you still have your bats?" Dustin asked Julie as she came up closer to them.

      "What bats?"

      "The ones you made with the nails and the barbed wire." Dustin said like it was obvious.

      "Why?" she questioned.

      "I'll explain it on the way." Dustin said, opening the passenger side door and climbing inside.

      "Now?" Steve and Julie asked.

      "Now!" Dustin said.

      "Hey, no. In the back." Julie said, approaching Dustin.

      "You snooze, you lose." Dustin said, smiling innocently.

      Julie took a deep breath and turned to face Steve who was opening his door. "I'm gonna strangle him."

      "I'll help." Steve said, getting in the car and starting it. Julie reluctantly climbed in the middle seat in the back, unclipping her walkman from the back pocket of her jeans. Steve started driving, and Julie busied herself with playing with her hair.