Silly little space man (RusPru)

Silly little space man, didn't you know that to see the wonders of existence you don't have to travel that far?

You're still that naive and noisy child that taped up a cardboard box and called dabs on the moon. You tell me that my weird eyes remind you of the Andromeda galaxy, that my hair gleams like the the icy rings of saturn; smooth liar, why do you want to leave then?

Didn't you learn from Icarus? Going that far will get you killed. —but I'll be embraced by Apollo's arms you once answered— I don't understand you, I never did, I was busy with all those numbers on the chalkboard, trying to answer infinite what ifs.

You know me very well Ivan, I like my calculations, I like my measurements, but you? You love the stars and the planets, you love the vastness of space, you love to tell me I worry too much, how can I not?

When you leave, it is me who has to look into your eyes, those deep blue almost amethyst orbs that remind me of the ocean, of the darkness that lurks beneath because you strive for the unknown, and I have to smile and bid you goodbye, even when I fear that one day, you'll give your last name to a star, a rocket, a planet or a galaxy instead of me.

Yet, I face those eyes that haunt me, and my soul shivers; you speak with tenderness as if you knew my heart is in pieces. You mend it with your kisses, barely, as I know that once you turn away my whole existence will break.

Is not that what bothers me, I always knew, you cannot be bonded to these earthly worries, you've have endured enough to get this far but your embrace is tight and your voice grows softer, until it shakes.

"I love you," you say, leaving one last kiss in my forehead.

Ivan, I know you have to leave, but why do you have to take my heart with you? Alright then, I will take yours in retaliation, you'll have to return, you're obliged to.

As the countdown reaches it's end, heartbeats hammer on my chest, and I know, this isn't me, this is you. Silly little space man, you've always been more scared than I.