Life goes on

Being in a taxi, the girl looked out the window with a silent gaze. Thousands of stars flashed there and the boundless cosmos stretched out. How she would like to be in the middle of this vast cosmos and become a star herself. Being there meant only rest, peace. No one would disturb or play with feelings, as if with a plush toy that has now become uninteresting. It was her dream, but, unfortunately, impossible.
Deep in her thoughts, she didn't hear anything else: neither the taxi driver who brazenly tried to flirt with her, nor the sounds of her own breathing. From the outside, it might seem that the girl was dead at all.

"Miss, are you all right?"- the taxi driver asked, turning to face the girl. But in response, he heard only silence. The taxi driver drew attention to the girl's face: beautiful, but emotionless, cold as ice. It did not radiate good or evil, something positive or negative. Only indifference.
She was thinking about him... Lee Pace. Suddenly, right now, this man thinks about her the same way she thinks about him? Is he worried about this case? Or right now he got drunk somewhere in a bar with his colleagues, returned home and is sleeping a sweet sleep? Only the man himself knew the answers to these questions.

Meanwhile, Lee was trying to cook himself dinner, but his hands were trembling treacherously. They could not hold the pan properly, and as a result, as if of their own volition, it flew down. His dinner was on the floor, and the frying pan was slightly crumpled.

- Damn it! I hate this day! - the man muttered, removing the food from the floor, - Why am I such an idiot?! Brought Tess, my beloved, sweet Tess, to hysterics. I just needed to explain it all to her more gently. But no, I just screwed up. She now thinks that I just played with her feelings.. Lee quieted down.

The silence became so loud that it could be heard. Adams was his friend, she was the person who was dearer than everyone else. He could talk about what had happened for at least an eternity. But one fact will stay with him forever: It's his fault for what Tess is feeling right now. He is to blame for breaking her heart.
After removing the food from the floor and throwing the frying pan into the trash, he lay down on the sofa and put his hands under his head.

- Tess, I hope you're not too offended with me, - the man spoke out loud, although no one was in the house and no one heard him now.
Lee somehow restrained all that storm of emotions that was inside him and drove him to madness.

"I just don't want to put you in danger in the future." I don't want you, walking in the park or leaving the bar where you had a good time with your friends, to be kidnapped or worse! I don't want to be asked for a ransom later! I made this choice for your safety! Pace shouted to himself. He knew he was starting to go crazy. But he thought it was well deserved.

"If you've brought a girl to tears, you don't have the right to call yourself a man!.. I have completely lost her trust. Forever. Irrevocably.."

Uncontrollable tears poured from his blue eyes, he sternly wiped them with his palms.
The man went to the refrigerator, took out his favorite wine and a glass. One. He started drinking to drown out the unbearable pain that was crippling him. Pain, which, because of its strength, could no longer be called moral, but physical. No event in his entire life had ever brought him so much suffering.
After a few dozen glasses, his eyes were already beginning to double, and his hands refused to obey.

-Forgive me, my dear Tess," Lee said finally before entering the world of dreams. He and his thoughts definitely need a break: too many events have happened this week. There are too many emotions in his mind right now that are bothering him.
Lee will have to wait a long time for Adams, who is firmly entrenched in his head, to free up this place.

Drowning in her own tears, Tessa did not notice how she was at Eric's house. The guy was not warned about the unexpected visit, but he welcomed an old friend with open arms. He helped her undress and get into bed in the guest room, covered her with a soft blanket and kissed her on the forehead.