Welcome to the post-apocalyptic universe

After the incident, the first thing Tess had to be taken to the hospital. Which, in fact, Lee did. When they arrived on their home planet, he, without wasting a minute, flew with Adams to the best hospital.
The man entered the building in a hurry and with Tess in his arms. She was unconscious.

- God, man! What happened? Let me help you," one of the nurses hurried to help and brought a gurney.

Pace carefully laid the girl on her, and then switched his gaze to the paramedic.

- We had a disaster, a huge fragment of a building fell on her. And she hasn't come to her senses since then," the man spoke intermittently, haltingly, greedily gasping for air.

- I'll call the doctor right away. Be here! - the nurse ran away somewhere deep into the building.

"Where should we go,- Lee shrugged.

Soon a doctor was brought to Tess. He hastily examined her and said:

- To the operating room, now!

Here Pace became agitated, began to follow the gurney and ask questions.

"What's wrong with her?" Is it very serious? Will she survive?

- Man, stop it. You're distracting us.

- I'm sorry... I'm so worried. I couldn't keep her safe.

- Who are you to her? - the question asked by the doctor put Pace's brain in a dead end. He froze in place, stopped following the gurney and the doctor. The man shook his head, trying to recover.

"Boyfriend," he replied indistinctly, "I'm her boyfriend," he repeated louder now.

The doctor nodded and said to wait at the entrance to the operating room, because it was impossible for the man to go further.
Lee loudly sat down on the couch right next to the doors and waited.
And time passed slowly. The man was constantly looking at his watch, but it seemed to have stopped altogether, not giving Tess a chance to get out.
An hour passed, two. Nine hours have passed, but not a single figure has appeared from behind the door. Hope gradually faded. Lee held his head in his hands, trying to figure out what to do next. He couldn't live without Tess. Just physically can't.

"If she doesn't survive, I'll die with her. No! You can't even think about that! Tessa is a strong girl, she has always been healthy and now she will get out. Be sure!" - Calming himself, the man did not notice how the doctor came out of the operating room. He walked up to Pace and spoke:

- The girl is resting now. The operation was difficult, but it was successful. Tessa will live.- Lee hastily got up, began to shake the doctor's hand with both limbs.

- Thank you! Thank you very much! After a while, he loosened his grip.

- When can I see her?

"She needs peace now. You can come in for a minute, but she's still asleep. It's not worth talking to her at the moment.

Lee nodded in the affirmative, which meant that the man understood, and went to Tess's room.
Cautiously peering through the crack between the door and the wall, the man saw her.
The girl was lying on her back, her chest still heaving from the fact that she was breathing. But she's all right now. Now it just takes time. She has it.

***
Tessa spent at least 4 months in the hospital. During this time, she faced many problems. But Lee was always with her. And Eric, who came to visit her every day and brought delicious and healthy fruits.
On this day, he also came, because it became the second birthday for the girl.
-Tessa, my dear. How glad I am that you finally recovered, - the guy hugged his girlfriend so tightly that she wheezed, asking her to let go.
- I'm sorry, I'm just really glad. Very much," Eric repeated.
He gave her a small bouquet of pink flowers as a nice friendly gift.
The girl lowered her nose directly into the bouquet, sucked in air.
- They smell very nice. Thanks. It's great to be back home again.
- Where is Lee? He promised to take you home.
The girl looked out the window and after a second answered:
- He's already here.
The man entered the room, and Tess clung to his chest. He hugged her, stroked her hair, whispered pleasant words in her ear, which made Tess cry.
- Guys, I'm so glad I have you! - wiping her tears with a small handkerchief, Tess said when she pulled away from Lee.
- I love you so much. Both of them.
These words became a confession. For Lee. Tessa Adams confessed that she loves him. Now it's crystal clear.
The man took her hand and the three of them flew home.