S2 E4: Let's find the Pearl

(Play the thing up-top 'til about 8:33 from 6:38 give most of your focus to the Steve Irwin in that video)

General POV

Character: Lincoln L./Nathan James

Date: February 26, 2029

Time: 0400 hours

The scene shows the USS Nathan James firing up it's engines for the long trip to Tortuga. Lincoln is shown now in an orange hoodie, with jeans, and Adidas sneakers.

Lincoln: *deep breath* Alright, no turning back now. All ahead slow, make course for the Panama Canal.

With that order the Nathan James slowly slipped out of the harbor many early risers wished him good luck as he left. It then slowly accelerated as it cleared the mouth of the harbor and, after making a hard left turn, settled into it's cruising speed as he steamed to the canal.

Nathan James: *deep breath* Sure is peaceful out here, isn't it?

Lincoln: *deep breath* Yeah. Once I find the Pearl, maybe I can enjoy it more.

After that the only sounds were Lincoln's music and the hum of Nathan James's engines. The occasional ship would pass by and blow it's horn at the DDG in a friendly manner, the DDG would sound his horn back, but wouldn't pay much attention otherwise. The ship continued at 20 knots as the sun rose over the horizon.

Timeskip 4 hours

It was now 8:00 in the morning, Lincoln had made it to Panama and was waiting for his turn to go through the canal.

Lincoln: Is this normal?

Nathan James: Yeah, pretty much.

Lincoln: *sigh* I hope it doesn't take too long.

Finally it was Lincoln's turn and he smoothly pulled through all the locks without help. The DDG then refueled on the other side of the canal before continuing on his merry way.

Lincoln: *looking at a GPS screen* Ok, just have to continue on this heading and I'll hit Tortuga in a few days.

Nathan James: Alright, just have to watch out for His Majesty's Royal Navy, they're in line with EIC. But don't mistake them for Her Majesty's Royal Navy.

Lincoln: What's the difference?

Nathan James: Her Majesty's Royal Navy is the one with Aircraft Carriers and Destroyers. His Majesty's Royal Navy use Sloops, Galleons, and Man-o-Wars.

As the DDG continued at his cruising speed of 20 knots when a single Sailing Ship comes up on his Starboard Side.

Lincoln: What is that?

Nathan James: Hmm.......I dunno. Look through Binoculars.

Lincoln goes to do that and sees a Galleon, similar to Pearl in basically every proportion, but it was flying Royal Navy colors.

Nathan James: That's a Slave-Ship.

Lincoln: *thinks for a moment*.........let's intercept them, grab their cargo, and release 'em at Tortuga.

So the DDG made it's way angrily towards the Galleon before Hoisting the Black and taking out the masts so the ship couldn't get away.

S. Ship: W-w-wait! Please, don't hurt me!!!

Lincoln: Huh?

Nathan James: Focus Lincoln, let's deal with the crew and set the slaves free, then we can deal with the ship.