the missing tea leaves

i seek calmness in between your words, amidst the chaos that consumes mine

i seek calmness in
between your words,
amidst the chaos that consumes mine

alltoowriting

──────────── · 𖥸 · ────────────

CONFUSION WAS ALL ASTRID felt as Cedric and Atlas walked her to her first class. They had new- found special privileges as prefects, one of which being that they would be let off for virtually everything including, but definitely not limited to, being late to their first class of the year. So, they gladly volunteered to walk Astrid all the way down to the ravenclaw towers where divinations awaited her. Astrid was a smart girl, she memorized everything and most things came easy to her. She could've easily been top of her class if not for Hermione Granger, and she most definitely is the smartest to come out of her blasphemous family. So confusion was a feeling she wasn't very familiar with, she didn't like the strange feeling.

"Sid, you had to have, I don't know- accidentally chosen divinations for you to have it," Cedric reasoned, both Astrid and Atlas were adamant that Astrid chose ancient runes. "It's not like it magically appeared out of nowhere."

Cedric and Atlas were no doubt Astrid's best friends. In fact, she considered them her only real friends. She met Atlas years before Hogwarts, during a summer she spent with the Malfoys in France as they prepared to renew their vows. The unlikely friendship grew as they laughed in the corners of intricate balls making fun of the ridiculous dresses and the jealous looks families would throw at each other. He was the one who helped Astrid navigate her first year and through Atlas, Astrid met Cedric, and from there began a brotherhood- including a sister of course.

It was a connection so deep Astrid sometimes feared it. She had never felt aa much care for anyone, much less two boys who were two classes above hers. Their friendship is known around the castle, if you see Atlas, then no doubt Cedric is just behind. And if you see Astrid then no doubt, Atlas and Cedric aren't that far. Astrid wouldn't necessarily ever give her life for someone and it scared her how close she was coming to make that feeling untrue, all because of two boys who definitely would give their life for hers.

Atlas shook his head, frustrated that Cedric just wasn't listening. "We are magical you bimbo! I was there, I saw her check ancient runes and I saw her give the paper to McGonagall."

"Ced, I'm telling you I didn't choose divinations," Astrid continued, mirroring Atlas' frustration, "Why would I choose a class both of you specifically told me to stay away from?"

Cedric shrugged, his hand repositioning Astrid's bag that was slung on his shoulder. "I dunno," he ruffled his already messy dirty blond hair, "I just- I don't see the big conspiracy, you probably just don't remember."