ocean blue

for the love that was not ready,and bloomed too soon between a sad boy and a broken girl, who had no idea how to fix what couldn't be

and bloomed too soon
between a sad boy and a broken girl,
who had no idea how to fix what couldn't be

catherine hancock

──────────── · 𖥸 · ────────────

THE RAIN WAS LOUD AGAINST the glass- stained windows. The bright colors became electric with the water; and under the cloudy sky, the colors spilled into the castle. The hallways seemed endless under the illumination. It all happened so quickly; the match- lightning- dementors- Harry Potter falling from the sky-

"That was a bit intense don't ya think?" Atlas broke the trios silent walk towards the kitchens, their breathing coalesced together. Astrid's footsteps left big splotchy puddles of muddy water on the ground, and her silver converse rubbed harshly against the marble floor. She didn't care to clean up the mess.

"Well, someone quite literally fell from the sky, Wood went mental, and what else- Oh yea, we're ahead of the gryffindors." Cedric said, failing to cover his excitement as he recalled the tournament board. For once in exactly seventeen years, hufflepuff had a lead compared to the gryffindor team. Astrid didn't care much for quidditch, she didn't understand the interest of the sport much either.

She spoke up timidly, or maybe it was just the rain that hushed her voice. "I never knew Wood could be that scary," she noted, her eyebrows still furrowed with surprise. "All over a game of quidditch too."

Oliver Wood was a seventh year, who was also a quidditch fanatic ( or maybe lunatic ), much like Cedric and Att. He adored the sport and not to forget, he was the gryffindor quidditch captain. The loss of the game must've hit him hard, he strode up to where the hufflepuff players were celebrating- to themselves mostly, and demanded a rematch. He accused all sorts of foul play, and throughout the whole scene his eyes were bloodshot red, angry tears streaming down his freckled face. He continued to yell obscenities, and only calmed down when threatened with elimination. How Cedric remained calm during the whole ordeal was quite impressive.

"Quidditch is important to him, more than most things at least." Cedric shrugged, Astrid just about close to hexing Wood when he had stopped her. Cedric reminded Astrid alot of the color blue. Far too cool to not be considered one of the best colors and definitely loved by too many people. If the color blue was a person he would be two years older, with green-flecked hazel eyes, and dirty blond hair. Just like Cedric.

Horrible analogy really.

Atlas rolled his eyes, "It's not like the game wasn't fair though." He grabbed the winning golden snitch from Cedric, tossing it back and forth, the gold ball contrasted the flamboyant walls. "Y'know if you fell from the clouds he wouldn't care any less."