mirror mirror on the wall

my head spins, and i am backin my childhood homewhere love doesnt exist

in my childhood home
where love doesnt exist

katie maria

──────────── · 𖥸 · ────────────

ASTRID WALKED AIMLESSLY around Hogwarts, her mind overflowing with indescribable emotions. The weight of everything dragged her down, she felt exhausted as if she had been lugging around a bag full of rocks. Her thoughts were filled with her mother's dark eyes, the cold metal walls of Azkaban, the looming dementors; it was like she were reliving the memory as she walked through the halls. Astrid could vividly smell the rotten atmosphere and as she looked around she kept unintentionally spotting things that brought her back to that horrid place: an old greyed newspaper, markings on the wall that appeared to transfigure themselves into what she had seen behind cell doors. She felt trapped inside her head. How much she wished she wasn't this affected by a minuscule mention of Bellatrix.

She walked through the tall arched hallways, no rhyme to her path. She took rights and lefts blindly and trailed up and down countless staircases. Usually, she would admire the beauty that is Hogwarts, but today she had her eyes trained on the ground trying her best not to notice the overwhelming similarities. She wrapped her fist at the seam of her grey knit sweater, it was itching at her neck, and she was beginning to feel feverish under the hot early autumn wind that would breeze through the tall windows.

She decided to also skip her first class of Defense Against the Dark Arts, feeling like she wouldn't pay any attention anyway. Though she was mindlessly walking, she tried to avoid the west side of the castle, where the classroom was. She turned right, her silver converse were loud against the marble floor. Again, too absorbed in her own mind, she failed to see the class piling into a classroom and two professors at the end of the hallway.

"Ah, I'm glad you were able to find us Ms. Lestrange."

Astrid froze. Her converse no longer clashed against the floor, and slowly, she brought her eyes up from the floor to the Professor who had just called her out. Professor Lupin ( the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor ) , stood next to Professor Snape, he was leading the students into a classroom- one that was definitely not the defense room she was familiar with. Astrid concluded he must've changed the room for the lesson. The new Professor wore old, tattered cream robes, he had honey colored eyes that smiled on their own. He was covered in scars, and his caramel brown hair had loose curls. She had seen him at the start of the year banquet, but up close he seemed kinder, his tired face adorned with a soft smile.

"Er- must've got lost," she replied, still stuck to the floor.

Snape didn't find any humor in her comment. "Thirteen points from Gryffindor for not wearing your appropriate uniform." His eyes narrowed, "And detention, this Thursday. Ms. Lestrange, do make sure arrive this time."