missing portraits

i aim to be lionheartedbut my hands still shake, and my voice isn't quite loud enough

but my hands still shake, and
my voice isn't quite loud enough

──────────── · 𖥸 · ────────────

ASTRID WISHED SHE HAD JUST stayed in the common room. Her ears rang as everyone began to panic, she covered them with her palms in attempt to muffle out the noise but instead it made the chaos echo inside her head. She was being pushed about as gyffindor students surrounded the portrait door behind her, Harry Potter by her side. The once beautiful blue skied art had been mauled, deep scratches illustrated by a murderer- by her cousin ( somewhat ). Astrid watched in complete silence as Peeves teased the Heads of Hogwarts, she watched as he shamelessly taunted Dumbledore himself. Her ears were failing her, so she used the next best thing: her eyes. She watched as the Fat Lady stood cowered behind some bushes on the other side of the wing, her fear coursing into the rest of the castle.

How Harry and Astrid didn't hear Sirius Black destroying the common room door is a mystery- to even them. And even the small fact that they were alive was a miracle. Harry was noticeably shaken, but Astrid, oh she was much worse. This attack would mean the ministry would get involved, and they would definitely not be happy about her complete avoidance to their constant letters.

"Are you sure you didn't see, hear, notice anything? Anything at all?" Minnie asked urgently, her hands on Astrid and Harry's shoulders. Her cloak clung onto her loosely, and her hair was falling out of her bun. She was worried. "Please Potter, Astrid, I need you two to remember."

"No professor, I don't- We didn't hear anything, I swear," Harry responded, glancing at Astrid. His glasses had beads of sweat on them, and his once bright smile had downturned into fear.

"And you were in the common room the entire time?"

"Yes!" Harry said exasperated, his face was red from all the questioning. Astrid thanked him silently as he continued to answer the millions of questions thrown at them. She couldn't bring herself to speak up, surely no one could know that Sirius Black was her cousin... Right? Her eyes scanned the ever-growing crowd, terrified faces staring back at her.

"For the millionth time, I DIDN'T SEE SIRIUS BLACK!" Harry's breathing was loud, contrasting the now quiet corridor. He stood with clenched fists. His outburst had put a stop to all the interrogation.

"I think it's best if we leave Harry and Ms. Lestrange to rest." Dumbledore advised, his voice was calm and he didn't seem at all panicked like the other professors. McGonagall's lips pursed and she looked like she wanted to protest but against her wishes, she stayed quiet. Astrid's head was slowing down, she felt her heartbeat steady.