business ventures

maybe the moonis beautiful only because it is far

maybe the moon
is beautiful only because
it is far

mahmoud darwish

──────────── · 𖥸 · ────────────

STUDIES HAD STARTED RIGHT back up the second students got back from their breaks. Though finals were barely nearing, it seemed as if work had become ten- times harder. Astrid didn't struggle with the workload, instead, she struggled with the fact that she was still banned from the village. She had left her strategies to waste as she desperately wanted to go to Hogsmeade before the end of the year, but still McGonagall was adamant that her suspension would continue until who knows. With the overcloud of the suspension, obnoxiously growing workload, and guilt creeping due to what occurred on Christmas, Astrid was definitely not in the mood the entire month of January.

January snow turned into February winds, and the castle seemed to live in a routine as it usually did this time of year. Astrid had decided to resort to desperate measures. She began to intentionally ask for extra work, and she did above and beyond in all her classes. She was on her best behavior any time Minnie was near, and she tried her best to incline her professors to speak with McGonagall. Though, to her annoyance, Minnie was still decided on keeping her in these- not that she would admit out loud- miserable meetings. She was becoming restless.

And desperate times call for desperate measures.

So here Astrid was, in the middle of February's melting snow, practically begging the Weasley twins for any way out of the castle. Finding them proved to be a difficult task as they were like two little flies: impossible to catch. Annoying, irritating, good-for-nothing flies was all Astrid could describe them as her quest to find them had taken up her entire day. And now, with the sun leaning towards the west, here she was, having a- what looked like, perfectly normal conversation. However, it was anything but.

The Weasley twins nearly cascaded over Astrid. Both twins were known to be notorious trouble makers, and even though they shared the same house, Astrid couldn't tell you one time she spoke with them personally.

"So you need our help?" Fred Weasley began slowly. Like said before, Astrid had never talked to either of the twins directly, so this caught them for a surprise. And even more surprising, Astrid Lestrange was asking them for a favor. This was definitely not on their fifth year bingo card.

"Yes, yes," Astrid replied, impatiently. She had already explained what she wanted about five times, and either twin had yet to help her. For as many elaborate pranks they did, they sure seemed to lack the brains. "Look all I need is a way out this place. I'll do anything."