little saint nick

i think i'll miss you forever like the stars miss the sunin the morning sky

like the stars miss the sun
in the morning sky

lana del rey

──────────── · 𖥸 · ────────────

MINNIE WASN'T A GOOD decorator Astrid had pointed out more than once. Holiday break was hours from beginning and the most festive thing in Minnie's office was two feathers colored green and red that were so conveniently placed beside each other. It was their last meeting before break, and honestly Astrid really liked these meetings. She would sometimes flunk out on assignments purposely just to stay in the circular office every saturday. Though, she was beginning to think Minnie was onto her antics, so she changed up her strategy every now and then. She had long come to terms with the fact that top of her class was impossible this year after missing nearly a month of defense. But nonetheless, stayed on top of all her work.

The Professor was excellent at giving advice and Astrid came to value her word more than anyones. McGonagall was wise, educated, talented; Astrid admired her. Though, she definitely could use some help decorating.

"Minnie do you celebrate?"

The professor looked up from reviewing her essays, Astrid noticed almost all pages had notes and corrections. This was another strategy. "Yes, Christmas."

Astrid hummed, "What about Valentines?"

"That isn't a holiday."

"Then what about the Bank Holiday."

"That is a muggle holiday. Learning much from muggle studies." Minnie corrected. She put her quill down eyeing Astrid carefully. "Is there a reason to this sudden holiday interest?"

Astrid played with her curls, "Christmas is a week away and... Well, you haven't decorated at all."

Minnie went back to reviewing her essays, "You've mentioned that quite a few times Astrid."

"Y'know at my house my Aunt used to- well we have a big tree," Astrid began recalling her childhood christmas, a smile on her face. "Obviously real, my Aunt was- Sorry, is, particular about interior decorating. I personally hate her style but to each their own right? Well anyways, my house is very dark and bland but the tree gave it life every year. I loved it. Maybe it'll help here too."

"Is my office dark and bland as well Astrid?"

Astrid bit her bottom lip, her cheeks reddening under the embarrassment. "Of course not, I just meant that- Well- Oh you know," she replied desperately.