dementor dementor

it's the heart of gold andstardust soul that makes you beautiful

stardust soul that
makes you beautiful

r.m boderick

──────────── · 𖥸 · ────────────

TWO DEMENTORS STOOD AT the front of the Hogwarts gates, they were large, hooded creatures that floated above the ground. The black cloak hid any existing body and the hood hid their face, something Astrid wished to never see. Cedric and Atlas explained to the three that the dementors had come onto the train unexpectedly, making someone faint in the process. Astrid, Dean, and Seamus stayed quiet as they explained, and their stunned silence continued all the way into the carriages that were leading them towards the castle.

It appeared most of the students were still stricken by the dementors, Astrid even heard someone scream as they passed by the two at the gate. The carriage ride was filled with small talk ( they had all subconsciously agreed to ignore the topic about the dementors ), though she could faintly hear muffled conversations, all talking about the creatures that were now visibly flying around the school. There were about five Astrid could see, swarming around the castle.

Though, even with the deathly monsters, the castle was still as beautiful as ever. The yellowish glows from the lights inside made it stand out against the dark sky. Astrid admired the castle, the glass- stained windows allowing it look fantasy like.

Students quickly rushed through the grand wooden doors as they arrived at the front steps. The entrance hall was instantly filled, squeaking could be heard from the many shoes rubbing against the white marble floor. Astrid was squished into Cedric's side as everyone began walking towards the Great Hall to their right. She was being pushed back and forth, side to side. Did the school population suddenly double in size, she thought bitterly pushing her hands out towards the person in-front of her.

She had just began to get a glance at the magical ceiling, which was cloudy, and a bit darker than the sky outside, when-

"Potter, Granger, Thomas, Lestrange! I need to see you all!" Professor McGonagall was at the top of the steps leading into the upper floor. She wore the large black hat and green cloak she always wore the first day of term, though this year, Astrid noticed that the Professor had ditched the two feathers she usually wore on her hat. Astrid furrowed her eyebrows, telling Cedric and Atlas to wait up on her, and then followed Dean towards the Professor.

"Theres no need to look so worried," Professor McGonagall said, pointing her eyes towards Harry Potter and Hermione Granger who looked frightened to be told off. "Move along, now." She waved off Cedric and Atlas, and also Ron Weasley who was waiting for his friends.