fear resides in us all

maybe none of us really understand whatwe've lived through,or feel we've had enough time

we've lived through,
or feel we've had enough time

kazou ishiguro

──────────── · 𖥸 · ────────────

TRANSFIGURATIONS WENT BY slowly, Astrid had reluctantly sat next to Hermione since Dean and Seamus hadn't come to class. She was currently scribbling a list of reasons why they didn't come, hoping to find the correct one and get her spell book back since they had borrowed it last night. She avoided any situations with Filch, trying not to unintentionally manifest her expulsion. The most realistic one so far was that they had been eaten by the giant squid that lived in the black lake, so that really said a-lot.

Divinations ended tensely once Trelawney had told Harry Potter that he was going to die all because his tea leaves became the shape of a dog. What a joke, Astrid wondered how she even got hired. Harry was sitting in front of her and he'd been looking distraught all class, he was tracing the existing lines on the wooden table, his hair poking out messily.

She looked away from him and continued on her list, writing down that maybe Seamus tried to do intense magic and accidentally set them both on fire. She put a star next to the almost illegible writing, finding a new more realistic idea.

"Or maybe they just got lost," Hermione whispered. Hermione would never allow herself to get distracted from schoolwork, but just like the rest of the class she was beyond bored. Her sole focus for the past ten minutes had been trying to decipher Astrid's writing. She was mildly successful.

Astrid glanced up at Hermione, she hadn't realized Hermione was watching her. "We've had this class for two years, they couldn't have gotten lost, that's silly."

"And being attacked by rabid bunnies isn't?" Hermione mused.

Astrid blushed realizing Hermione had been reading her notes all along. She scribbled out the last part of that scenario rewriting it in a somewhat neater handwriting. "It's getting attacked by a bunch of rabid bears," she muttered, dipping the quill back into the ink.

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. "Bears? Astrid that had two N's"

"No it didn't," Astrid replied, unaware of how horrible her handwriting was. "I just like to squiggle my lines."

"Squiggle your lines?" Hermione sniggered.

"Yes, I don't have bad handwriting!" Astrid pulled out a piece of parchment from her bag, and began rewriting her notes in a bit of a neater way. "It's my notes handwriting."