family ties

oh darling,how cold it must be to lie in the bed you've made

oh darling,
how cold it must be to lie in
the bed you've made

rhiannon janae

──────────── · 𖥸 · ────────────

DEAN AND SEAMUS WEREN'T eaten by a giant squid or viciously attacked by bears- much to Astrid's disappointment. She had found them in the greenhouse after exploring nearly every classroom in the school. Although, she intentionally skipped the medical ward, afraid she might run into one of Draco's friends.

She didn't necessarily want to go visit him, especially if any slytherins were there. So instead, Astrid busied herself helping Dean brew a magical medicine to help Seamus- who was sitting on a wooden chair, his right leg propped on-top of a wooden stool infront of him.

Dean explained that on their way to Transfigurations, Seamus accidentally tripped over a stone that was placed a step below him. He fell many steps down, bruising his entire body in the process. His leg- the one that tripped over the stone had strained, and all Pomfrey could do was bandage it since he hadn't broken anything.

"This has to be proof that Trelawney isn't mental," Dean said, grabbing the root from Astrid.

"No, It's proof she's a criminal," Astrid objected watching Dean place out all the collected ingredients in order. "She cursed you, Seamus."

Seamus looked up from the book of spells in his lap - Astrid had been horrified and rightfully angry that they had just been carrying it around all day. He sighed, "That's what I've been trying to say! But Dean here," he pointed his finger at Dean, bitterly, "doesn't believe me!"

Dean looked up from the table filled with ingredients, his left hand keeping a stained leather-bound book open. "She didn't curse you! She's a seer, so obviously she had seen you falling because of the stairs."

"So you agree with her, that the stairs had a wicked plan?" Astrid taunted, her eyes wide and bug-like.

"No I never said that-" Dean shook his head, reaching for the concrete mixing bowl. "She might've just exaggerated it a bit."

"Just like she did when she told Harry Potter he was going to die, correct?" Astrid swiftly missed a couple of beans that Dean threw her way.

"That's it!" Seamus snapped his fingers, bringing the attention to himself. "She was mad I called that grim thing a lizard and then cursed me before I left. It all makes sense."