Chapter 17: My Epic Love (last chapter)

•2 weeks later•
C a r o l i n e s P O V

After two weeks when we found out about my mom, I went through a lot. I cried for hours each day. We had the funeral two days after her death. Damon came every day to help with the pain. Stefan and Elena came every other day and Bonnie came a couple times too, even Jeremy came sometimes. I felt calm with everyone there.

•After 3 weeks•

I still cry often, but it wasn't as bad as when I first found out. But I think I'm able to finally go somewhere else besides Elena's house and my house.

I lay on my bed, Elena in the room as well(asleep). I sit up and stare off into space to think. From the corner of my eye, I see Elena wake up," Hey,you..you okay?". I nod my head and fake a smile at her. She walks over to me and hugs me tightly.

"Lena.."
"Yeah?"
"Can we do something today, I just want to get my head cleared before I move on..if I can"
Elena sits up straight,
"yeah,yeah of course Care..are you sure you're ready to start moving on?"
I nod and smile.
Elena and I talk for a while until she calls some people. Soon Damon,Stefan,Jeremy,Matt and Bonnie come by. It soon turns dark but the time is still 8:00, we get to the woods around 8:38. Memories go flashing by as I walk through the woods into the fire circle. I get a certain memory about my mother and my knees go week, I freeze and start breathing heavily. "Care, are you alright?", Elena comes rushing to me. I stable myself and normalize my breathing pace. I nod and smile then start to walk again.

We eventually get to the fire circle.
"Finally, I missed the fire circle!", Bonnie exclaims.
"Yeah, memor..never mind", I mumble
"What's the fire circle?", Stefan asks. Elena started rambling, "It's this place we used to go to when we were kids, we would play games and tell secrets, oh and we also sa-", "we sang songs..that was my uh, my favorite part", I replied. I smiled weakly at everyone who's eyes were attached to me.

It was just a calm silence from there, we all unpacked chairs and food and Matt started a fire. Everyone started to talk again, just about little things like new accomplishments in life. It was slightly loud as everyone started to cozy around. Elena was laying on Stefan in a blanket and Matt, Jeremy and Bonnie were all chatting. Damon and I were quietly interacting. Quick hand touching and staring. Eventually I finally spoke out.

"Guys I kind of brought something I hope you don't mind." I say.
I take out a lantern and light it, "for my mom", I say as I let go of it and it goes into the sky. Elena and Bonnie come up to comfort me and I kindly embrace the love.
After a moment of silence everyone starts getting loud again and Damon pulls me over to a quiet spot. "We never really got to talk about the uh..you know..I, I'm sorry.". I smile and kiss him on his cheek.
"does this mean..",
"I'll be honest, you've helped me through a hard time and over the past few weeks I've felt attraction to you, but..I'm just not in a position right now to be dating anyone. One day I promise, for now I just need a friend."I reply.
He smiles,"I can work with that".

We go back to the log and get in a blanket, I lean against Damon, the same way Elena is leaned up against Stefan. She's safe in his arms, like I'm safe in Damon's.

My favorite part of the fire circle is singing, and that's just what was about to happen. Matt starts off the song like always, and we all follow along.

E L E N A S P O V

I'm in Stefan's warm grasp, feeling safe. Music flowing through our ears, I kiss Stefan and smile, then close my eyes and cuddle him closer to me.

We have went through a lot together, I love Stefan, Stefan is the love of my life, even if the universe made us meet, we fell in love on our own. Our love is epic, he is epic. Stefan is my one and only.. Stefan is my Epic Love.