Back To our Homeland - Chapter 9

It's been months ever since Aether and Lumine were crowned gods.

They were gods who were once adventures and explorers who have yet to find and discover the secrets of the world they are now rulers of. Now, they know every nook and cranny, all caverns, all forests, the depths of the blue on the palms of their hands, they could manipulate anything they ever wished to. But this power doesn't exceed outside of this realm of human mortals.

"Hey Aether, it's been half a year. Shouldn't we tell mom the good news that we've found ourselves a realm to call home?"

"Hmm, not yet. We still have duties here."

"What about you go tell mom and dad the news and i'll stay here?"

"No, no, no. I won't leave you here, what if something happens to you? We've been separated too many times, i don' want to lose you again for real and take years to look for you and your poor soul!" Aether whined.

"Fine, i'll announce we're traveling another world for a short period."

"Okay!"

~~~

" *clears throat*  Ahem! Attention all citizens!" Lumine's voice echoed through the world like a speaker carrying out news to a town about some alert.

"Me and my sister will be traveling another world for a while to visit our homeland."

"We made Aiko in charge for now. Please take care!"

"B-but! Lord Lumine And King Aether! I cannot take that responsibility, i am a mere guardian knight of your palace! It's too much for me to handl-"

"Relax, we will do the paperwork. You just maintain peace. Please?"

"Y-yes!"

"Good, farewell, Aiko. Take good care of our people."

"I will!"

Aether smiled at Aiko.

"Stay safe." Aiko said, her eyes filled with light and gleam, grasping unto her sword tightly. Still seeming shocked from what her rulers have just announced.

~~~

"Is it that?"

"No. It barely looks like it, you have a wacky mind Aether. Our home doesn't look like that, like it's been years! It wouldn't have THAT much fire."

"Nahh, it was a big ass god, he would've held captive everything till now!"

"But.."

"What?"

"What if.. our planet. Just got destroyed leaving nothing but dust in the space it once was in?-"

"There!" Aether exclaimed stopping before heading down for a crash landing.

"Wait for me!" Lumine shouted. Following her brother's lead.

~~~

"M-MOM DAD!"

"Lumine? Aether?! Is that really you two?"

Zenith opened his arms for a hug. A double-hug 

When the twins attacked the three of them fell to the ground.

Zenith giggled "you guys never changed!" He laughed.

The two siblings did the same. Laughing together.

A/n: while the tree of them laughed i cried because my brother's gonna make a damn robot if i did something wrong, some unspeakable things happened. And it makes music, it's haunting putang ina, if that shit plays three a.m in the morning i will start crying because it's gonna crawl on me while i shiver.

They didn't bother to stand up or get off their father. They were happy they were all together.

"Haha! I'm glad you all came back together in one piece!"

"Haha... Dad? Where's mom?"

"..." Their father went silent and awkwardness filled the air.

"Haha... about that." 

Aether and Lumine got off their father, and he stood up from the ground and started brushing the dirt off on his clothes.

"Your mom... she uh.." he tried to come up with an excuse.

"Is.... in..."

"Hm?"

"Uh.. uhm.. erm," he stammered.

He was bad at lying, terrible even.

"In another world!" He finally made up a lie.

"Oh. Shall we look for her-"

"No!- i mean you shouldn't- uhm b-because she uh.."

"Uhuh."

"Uhmm.... just don't okay?-"

"You really don't know where she is huh?"

The Silence was back and the tension between them was quite high, their father was sweating buckets. It was as if they were squeezing his life out of him through words.

"That's it dad. We're going to find her."

"Uhm  uhmm..."

"Stop lying dad. You're very bad at being dishonest, you know?"

"..."

"We're leaving. Thank you for your time."

The twins teleported but when they did, they did not reach what their "father" said.

"Don't go! She's-..." he pleaded reaching out.

"Gone." He said, lowering his arm.

Zenith, had lied. To his kids. If they found the truth out. They would never ever forgive him.

Words - 678 (690)

Time | 10:21 A.m (Phili)

Date: Monday, July 4, 2022. (6/4/22)