nine

•

"Here's to good vibes, a good night, and finding love." We all raise our glasses as I give tonight's speech. "And hopefully new islanders for Liam and Paige."

Everyone breaks off into smaller groups as I raid the kitchen cupboards for crisps.

"So Paige, if a guy was to walk through the doors right now, what would you wanna see?"

"He's gotta be attractive, you know, preferably brunette. I want someone who's a lads lad but doesn't treat me like one of the boys. Someone cheeky that I can hold a conversation with would be great. Overall, he's gotta be like Luca but I can't have the instant friendly connection that I got with Luca."

"What about you Indiyah?"

"Well, things with Ikenna are going... but if someone was to walk in right now and be perfect for me, they'd be very similar to Dami."

"Oooh, a switch-up. You tried grafting with Dami or are you still talking as friends?"

"Just as friends."

"Try it hun, if you're looking for somebody like him the best you're gonna get is him." Indiyah stands there thinking for a few moments before nodding.

"I'll see what happens with Ikenna over the next few days. If it goes nowhere, I'll mention it to Dami and see if there is more of a romantic connection with him than Ikenna and we can go from there."

"Is there any point in asking you about your perfect man?"

"If my perfect man was to walk through that door it would be Luca. No doubt about it. Even this early into us being a couple I could tell you that there's a lot more than just physical attraction." As if some higher powers were listening, Luca walked out of the bedroom door and back into the garden. I look at the both Paige and Indiyah and we all have the same look on our faces. We laugh and I look back over to Luca who looks a little annoyed.

"We've gotta manifest that your two men will walk through the door now." We hold hands and start chanting about getting them both the perfect partner before I grab my drink and head over to Luca to see what's up.

"You okay? You look annoyed." I join Luca on the circular bed and sit next to him, his arm immediately going over my shoulder.

"Amber's going around saying shit." Seriously? What is her problem?

"Oh? What's she said?"

"Apparently last night you said to the girls that you're in here for a long term relationship and it's not gonna be with the first guy you couple up with. I get that we're not married off and it's still early days but hearing that you don't plan on sticking with me when things are going well isn't the best thing to hear."

"That's what she said? That it's not gonna be you?" I sat up and turned to face Luca out of shock. His hand fell from my arm and he started absentmindedly tracing shapes on the top of my leg.