p r o l o g u e

-Y/N-

"It's not a room..." Erica's eyes widened as she turned away from the panel. "It's an elevator."

I barely had any time to grab onto the nearest crate by my side and hang on for dear life as the metal box we were in plummeted below.

My screams were joined in by the others as I felt my stomach drop with the elevator. The lights flickered in the room but I shut my eyes closed, hoping the darkness would comfort me. 

It somehow made things worse.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Steve make his way towards me. As the elevator was still dropping, with his fingertips locking on the crates, he inched his way closer and closer.

"What are you doing!" I managed to yell over the loud noise. I could barely hold on, keep my lunch in my stomach, and project the words out of my throat.

"I have to tell you someth-" His hand slipped and he almost fell. But I reached out and grasped it before he could lose control.

He took my hand and came even closer. Even while falling thousands of feet down, he still managed to lock eye contact with me.

"Y/N I need to tell you something." He said rapidly. "If we die today, I lo-"

I was thrown up into the air as the elevator came to a halt. 

And then when gravity pulled me down again everything went black.