c h a p t e r: 7

-Y/N-

Running as fast as I could, I saw that I was almost at Scoops Ahoy, I could even see Robin at the counter, but then I felt a sharp grab on my waist and I was pulled back.

My back hit Steve's chest and then he flipped me around to face him, his hands still on my waist.

"I feel like we were interrupted before." Steve grinned.

"Robin needs our help." I said trying to push myself away.

"Robin can wait." Steve replied.

"But she'll see us." I looked back to see her preoccupied in readying an order.

"And so what if she does." Steve shrugged.

"Steve..." I slowly said, looking back at him.

"Yes?" He leaned forward mischievously.

"Y/N!" Robin's voice sounded behind me. Steve groaned and looked up in frustration, letting go of me. "Come here!" She yelled out.

"Later." I whispered in Steve's ear before turning around.

I saw Robin waving her hand at me and I jogged up to her counter. She opened the door to the back room and I followed her in.

Steve was right behind me, and Dustin appeared in a few seconds too, panting as if he had been running.

"You're not gonna believe who Y/N thought was a Russian." Steve joked.

"You did too." I snapped back at him.

"No, I did not." He shook his head and laughed.

"Yes, you did! You both did!" I looked over at Dustin.

"No, we did not." Steve repeated.

"Guys!" Robin brought the attention back to her. "I figured out the rest of the message, and now i'm working to decode it."

She handed me a piece of paper with the message.

"A trip to China sounds nice?" I asked, reading one of the lines. "Are you sure this is correct?"

"Oh, it's one hundred percent correct." Robin started to pace as I handed the paper to for Steve to look at. "I am SO close to solving it." Robin muttered, her pacing getting faster.

"When blue meets yellow in the west?" Steve read out another line.

"Maybe the sun?" I suggested.

"But what could China be... a person?" Dustin looked at the paper in Steve's hand.

"A trip to China sounds nice....A trip to China sounds nice....A trip to China sounds nice....A trip to China sounds nice." Robin muttered the same phrase over and over again under her breath.

"If you tread lightly." I read out another line.

"If you tread... If you tread...If you tread lightly." Robin's voice was getting louder with each sentence. "When... When blue and yellow meet in the west. When blue meets yellow..." She gasped. "in the west."

She then sprinted out the door. I had no time to process what she was doing.

"Robin?" I called after her. When she didn't stop, I started to run behind her too.

Steve and Dustin followed behind me closely.

We all ran out of the Scoops Ahoy and into the main part of the mall. I had to dodge a lot of people to keep up with Robin.

Robin then went over to the fountain and stood up on the edge surrounding it. She rotated in circles still murmuring the words of the message.

"What are you doing?" Looking up at her, panting a little from the sprint.