Chapter 12

It was getting dark, Tay rubbed his head frustrated, he went to the elevator and walked to Marco's room, he tried to choose his words carefully before ringing the doorbell. Before he could do so, he heard some footsteps behind himself, he turned and saw Arm and Pete. Tay smiled as he saw Pete and said that he was quite surprised by such a fast recovery after coming back with all those injuries.

"The doctor of the family is simply excellent!" Pete exclaimed smiling, Tay smiled back and nodded, he looked one more time at the door and then back at Arm, who seemed a little impatient.

"I wanted to talk to Kinn's guest, but I guess that you have to do something with him so..." Tay said. Arm shook his head and added: "No, we just came here because it is almost time for dinner..."

"Then why do you look so stressed, Arm? I mean... you usually look worried but not like this, don't tell me that a meal can frighten you so much" Tay asked giggling. Arm cleared his throat and shook his head again, explaining that he felt stressed by Vegas's presence, especially after the recent events.

"Arm, we still have a few minutes left, we could leave Tay alone with Marco if he wants to talk to him, I'm sure that the boss won't get mad because of a brief conversation" Pet remarked, Arm agreed and left with him. At that moment Tay finally managed to knock on the door. Marco came to open immediately after he heard the noise.

"Here I am Ar...oh, Tay, good evening, is there anything I may do for you?" Marco asked. His tone was unexpectedly calm but Tay almost laughed as he saw his cheeks slightly red compared to his pale complexion.

"Marco, I came here to apologize, it is my fault if Vegas tortured you, I told Kinn that I didn't trust you and I guess that it was the ultimate reason Kinn needed to convince himself and order Vegas..."

"Tay, I understand your reasons, you don't have to apologize, I would have probably taken the same decision under the same circumstances. I'm just sad that I had to confess my feelings like that instead of waiting for the right moment... I must admit that it became even more embarrassing after I saw you walking away without saying anything..." Marco interrupted him and looked away as he pronounced the last sentence.

"I'm sorry for that... I shouldn't have pushed that much..." Tay replied.

"Oh my God, it is getting late, I should definitely go downstairs or Kinn will order Vegas to chop off my head, I hope we will meet again soon, Tay" Marco said and left. Tay remained confused by the sudden change in the guy's behavior, who once again ran away during a conversation with him. Tay couldn't help but interpret that behavior as a sign of his feelings.

The Italian guy eventually reached the restaurant, most of the members of the younger generation of the Theerapanyakul's family was at that table. Kinn ordered to leave a seat between himself and his brother Kim for the guest. Marco walked to that chair and sat down. Porsche stood up and walked behind his brother, he looked at Kinn's guest and said: "This is my brother Porchay, I suppose that you already know all the other guests at the table".

"Nice to meet you Porchay, I'm Marco and yes, I already know them" Marco replied. Tankhun already looked annoyed, he just couldn't understand why his brother forced him to stay with them at dinner.

"Khun Tankhun, I'm so sorry that we didn't get to meet earlier, I brought a present for you, I won this during an auction and then I found out that you were the other person trying to buy it, I believe that it belongs to you" Marco said as he handed a silk foulard to Tankhun. The guy recognized it immediately and cried as he thought about the actress who wore it in his favorite drama.

"Thank you so much! It is incredible! Seen, Kinn? Why don't you buy anything for your dear elder brother?" Tankhun said jokingly.

"Because you already have your credit card and spend more than what I would spend if I had to run the royal palace... so, back to dinner gentlemen... "

Just before the first course arrived, Arm walked to Kinn and whispered something in his ear. The boss stood up and apologized because he had to leave so early, Porsche asked him if he had to follow him but Kinn ordered him to stay with the rest of the family.

The heir of the Italian clan didn't know what to do, he looked around and noticed that Porchay was glaring at Kim, who seemed quite upset, Macau was staring at the empty plate since he had nobody to talk with, his older brother kept sighing and Porsche was just worried because of the sudden meeting between Kinn and the Yakuza clan. The only happy person at the table was Tankhun, who was taking pictures of himself with his new foulard.

"I'm no longer hungry..." Porchay remarked before leaving the restaurant, Kim did the same.

"This is barely better than the tortures in the basement..." Marco whispered.

"I couldn't agree more." Vegas, who was close enough to hear him, responded.