Chapter Nine

THE SLUMBER SNUGGLE

I woke up to the sun peaking in under my blinds and shining in my face. I let out a small tired noise and tried to roll over, but I couldn't. Confused, I looked down wearily to see blue hair almost up my nose. It was only then that I realized Billie was on me.

My movement must have woken her too, as she stirred and tried to nuzzle her head into me further. "Uh, Billie," I said quietly, rubbing her shoulder. After about a second, she shot up, scaring the absolute shit out of me. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" she yelped, sitting on her knees at the end of the bed, her face bright red.

"I'm sorry—I don't know what happened—I must have been in headspace or something—fuck," she continued to ramble, running her fingers through her hair anxiously, getting up off the bed. I reached out and grabbed her hand before she could go too far.

"Billie, sit down, please," I said, letting it go after a moment. She sat down cautiously and looked at me. I laughed to myself lightly, "I don't even care, you were just putting a little too much pressure on my bladder," I told her.

"Oh, sorry," she laughed awkwardly. "It's fine, don't worry. C'mere, love, you were nice and warm," I said, laying back down and opening my arms back up. She smiled to herself and laid down, rolling over, putting her back against my front.I rested my arm over her waist.

"Is this too much?" I asked quietly. "No," Billie shook her head. "I'm not moving too fast for you either, am I?" I asked as well. "No, I like it," Billie replied, reassuring me. "Okay, let me know if... this just gets a bit much. I want you to be comfortable," I said.Billie nodded, so I relaxed and closed my eyes again.

"I think you're cute too,"

I remembered back to Billie and my text conversation yesterday, realizing it took her that long to gain the courage to say it back. My eyes opened, and I saw Billie watching me for my reaction. "Thank you, darling. You're adorable," I told her, making her cheeks flush and her roll back over.I giggled and stroked her brightly colored hair.

I picked up my phone and checked the time while continuing to play with Billie's soft hair. "It's four PM. Do you wanna go pick up some dinner soon? Or do you want me to take you back home? Orrr, what do you wanna do?" I asked, sitting up and leaning on my elbow."Um, I don't know," Billie said, her eyebrows furrowed.

"You have a think about that, okay? I'm gonna go take a shower," I told her and got out of bed.

ʚїɞ

"What's the plan?" I asked Billie, walking back into my bedroom with a towel in my hands. "Uhm, I wanna stay here for a little bit longer, but I called my brother again on your phone, and he'll take me home later, after Mom and Dad are asleep," she said.

"Sounds good. What do you wanna do in the meantime?" I asked, taking a seat on the bed beside her and putting some socks on. "Let's play 21 questions," Billie suggested. "Okay, you go first," I nodded and turned toward her, giving her my full attention.

"How old were you when you moved out?" she asked me.

"Hm, I was just about to turn eighteen, and my... uh, I don't know what to call him actually. Let's just say non-related grandpa bought this place for me," I responded. "You're so lucky," Billie whined softly.

"Hey, your birthday is soon, and then you can do whatever you want too," I said. "But I don't have anywhere to go," she said with a frown. "Are you kidding me?! You can come right here!" I exclaimed. "Really?" she asked. "Of course! Has my hospitality not been welcoming enough?" I joked.

"Thank you," Billie replied meekly, her head tucked in her shoulder. I smiled. "Okay, my turn. What's your most embarrassing memory?" I asked, earning a giggle from the girl. "I don't want to tell you thatttt..." she whined again, covering her face.

"Why not?" I teased, poking her belly. "Fine, fine! Stop, it tickles!" Billie squirmed and pushed my hands away.

"A couple of years ago, I was in the store, and I started talking to the cashier dude about something we both liked that I was looking at. But then I had to go, so I asked for his name, and he said Ian, well, at least that's what I thought he said. Every time I went into that store, I said, 'Hello, Ian!' loudly, and this went on for months until one day he wasn't there, so I asked someone where Ian was, and they were so confused. I described him to the person, and they were like, 'You mean Ryan?' I went so red!"

I laughed, "Oh my god, that's so cute!"

"Stoppp!" Billie pushed me playfully. "What's your most embarrassing moment, then?" Billie said with a huff. "Well, I sharted in my pants, and if you think that it can't get any worse, it does. I was on a school camp, and I was in the city on a tour, so I couldn't leave until the end of the day, where I had to sit on a train in my own shit for like half an hour," I explained, Billie's mouth agape.

She let out a laugh of disbelief while I cracked up. "That's so gross, I'm sorry," I laughed, covering my mouth. The girl started to laugh with me, our fits of giggles still echoing through the apartment ten minutes later.

950 words.